Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Subscribe
120  170  210  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  224  230  270  320 
Page 220 of 435
Go to
Quote: Ok cool. Am I right in thinking that an OAL pilot can still JS on these contacts?
There is a limitation on who can use the international JS. Best to call our Ops as mentioned above to see if your airline is in that group. If not you can always find out what’s needed and contact your JS coordinator.
Quote: Yeah because you deleted it lol. It's all good, I think we are receiving this same information...

I think guys are reluctant to spill the beans because these boards are monitored...

Proud and excited how much our company has grown in the last 4 years...
I probably shouldn’t “spill the beans”, but I can’t keep it a secret any longer. Effective November 1, 2019, all 767-300s will have the lavatories modified to the “turbo flush” specs. Basically they’re getting rid of the port-a potty type crappers. I hope this helps.
Quote: I probably shouldn’t “spill the beans”, but I can’t keep it a secret any longer. Effective November 1, 2019, all 767-300s will have the lavatories modified to the “turbo flush” specs. Basically they’re getting rid of the port-a potty type crappers. I hope this helps.
Standing bid updated!!!

I heard the rumor is all 747 pilots will receive a lighter schedule and the associated lighter pay in November and December thanks to the CNET Santa Claus.
K4 News

https://cargofacts.com/allposts/business/strategy/kalitta-to-operate-dhls-next-767/
Quote: K4 News

https://cargofacts.com/allposts/business/strategy/kalitta-to-operate-dhls-next-767/
I think that plane been slated to come here for the last 2 years.
Quote: I think that plane been slated to come here for the last 2 years.
I think you are correct; I had always understood that aircraft to be going to Kalitta. I think the "newsworthy" part is that this is the first Kalitta CMI contract on a DHL-owned 767, which is something that probably only people deeply-interested in the cargo biz would care much about.

Interestingly (to me at least), MexicanaMRO took between 3-4.5 months to do the conversions on the last several 767s, all of them for Kalitta and owned by Kalitta. (MexicanaMRO is the second 767 conversion line for IAI/Bedek.) This one, N276DH, has been there 7 months and counting, so maybe needed a little extra work on the C-check that is usually performed at time of conversion (or any number of other innocuous issues).
Quote: Well, no one has dropped any names, but there is a large push right now to get a lot of 777 typed pilots.

How long will that push last. Let’s say I get trained at another company just to come to Kalitta. That may take 5-6 months maybe. Would Kalitta still be hiring 777 type rated pilots then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: How long will that push last. Let’s say I get trained at another company just to come to Kalitta. That may take 5-6 months maybe. Would Kalitta still be hiring 777 type rated pilots then?
A good friend once told me to not go somewhere you wouldn’t want to be stuck at for a few years. I’m also not good at gambling. Gotta do what’s best for you though.
Quote: How long will that push last. Let’s say I get trained at another company just to come to Kalitta. That may take 5-6 months maybe. Would Kalitta still be hiring 777 type rated pilots then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, one must ask the question why we need people already type rated on the 777. The second question is for how long? I think I know the answer to the first question, I do not know the answer to the second question. Undoubtedly having a Boeing type, especially the ones we fly will help a lot. However, having a letter of rec from some one here and some PIC time time on a RJ will also get you an interview in 2020.
Quote: Well, one must ask the question why we need people already type rated on the 777. The second question is for how long? I think I know the answer to the first question, I do not know the answer to the second question. Undoubtedly having a Boeing type, especially the ones we fly will help a lot. However, having a letter of rec from some one here and some PIC time time on a RJ will also get you an interview in 2020.
Hoping to get the call soon!
777/787 type
PIC time on both.
120  170  210  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  224  230  270  320 
Page 220 of 435
Go to