Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Subscribe
216  266  306  312  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  326  366  416 
Page 316 of 435
Go to
If they do will probably require to resign seniority / recall rights to current employer.
Quote: If they do will probably require to resign seniority / recall rights to current employer.
True, but I don't think HR here is naive enough to not know that resigning/giving up recall rights are often ignored at mainline. It's even in some of their CBAs IIRC.

​​​
Quote: If they do will probably require to resign seniority / recall rights to current employer.
That was the trend in the 80's and 90's. After 9-11 many of the places did not require them to resign their numbers. It worked out very well for places like JetBlue that got to see 8 & 9 year seniority Captains replaced by junior less expensive ones.

If they are anticipating a more than 2-3 year recovery/recall it could be financially advantageous to let them keep their number, and let them return before they start costing more money.
Quote: That was the trend in the 80's and 90's. After 9-11 many of the places did not require them to resign their numbers. It worked out very well for places like JetBlue that got to see 8 & 9 year seniority Captains replaced by junior less expensive ones.

If they are anticipating a more than 2-3 year recovery/recall it could be financially advantageous to let them keep their number, and let them return before they start costing more money.
I believe they will re-hire guys that left, especially those in the recent past who will require little training to get back on the line...and they wont give up their numbers
Quote: I believe they will re-hire guys that left, especially those in the recent past who will require little training to get back on the line...and they wont give up their numbers
Hopefully. Even before this hit, whenever I talked to a former K4 pilot none of us left because we were miserable there and it was usually a tough decision to leave. But if not, we made our beds and I understand.
Quote: Hopefully. Even before this hit, whenever I talked to a former K4 pilot none of us left because we were miserable there and it was usually a tough decision to leave. But if not, we made our beds and I understand.
it was an extremely tough decision for me, I loved K4 ✊😎😊
Quote: it was an extremely tough decision for me, I loved K4 ✊😎😊
Same here. Every trip was an adventure. Granted, by day 12 or so I was ready to go back home. But then after 10 days at home, I was ready to go back... and I think my wife was ready for me to go back.
Curious, what's the latest on negotiations over at K4?
Quote: Curious, what's the latest on negotiations over at K4?
Nothing new. I think the main 3 sections were presented at the last meeting in May.
Quote: Curious, what's the latest on negotiations over at K4?
Who can be worried about a CBA when Microsoft Teams arrived! We are saved!
216  266  306  312  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  326  366  416 
Page 316 of 435
Go to