Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Subscribe
34  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  54  94  144 
Page 44 of 435
Go to
Quote: We have quite a few 777 guys.
none that I know of in the top 150 where the CA and checkers would come from
On that note The information email said that dress is business casual for the interview. I assume they like it when you can read and follow directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: On that note The information email said that dress is business casual for the interview. I assume they like it when you can read and follow directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most people still show up in a suit. I don’t think you get brownie points either way.
Quote: Most people still show up in a suit. I don’t think you get brownie points either way.
When I interviewed in 2011. The chiefy was in jeans and a sweatshirt, the asst Chief was just as casual, it was a good vibe : )
Quote: When I interviewed in 2011. The chiefy was in jeans and a sweatshirt, the asst Chief was just as casual, it was a good vibe : )
I was more referring to the interviewees. I would never expect to see a Kalitta employee in a suit.

You always know when it’s interview day though because there’s a bunch of guys in suits hanging out in the sim building. The rest of us are in jeans and tennis shoes.
Quote: On that note The information email said that dress is business casual for the interview. I assume they like it when you can read and follow directions.
That they are still putting that in the email seems almost like a haze. I “followed directions” and showed up in BC, but I was one of only two in the room that did. Either HR should remove that blurb, or back it up with “...and we mean it/demerits will be given for non-compliance.”
Uh, yeah...Don't overthink things.

If I asked you to come to a Dinner Party and said "Business Casual" specifically, and you show up in a full suit or a tuxedo because you have "dressed to impress"...After I'm done laughing and publicly berating you for being a Douche, I'm immediately telling you to change into something appropriate ( as asked previously) or, to get The F@Ck Out of my House.

Can't do that in a business situation...But, I'd still be thinking it, and unless you were really good at verbal dancing and could persuade me you weren't a Total D.B well, I think you know how the rest would work.

And, so it goes...

Stimpson
Quote: Uh, yeah...Don't overthink things.

If I asked you to come to a Dinner Party and said "Business Casual" specifically, and you show up in a full suit or a tuxedo because you have "dressed to impress"...After I'm done laughing and publicly berating you for being a Douche, I'm immediately telling you to change into something appropriate ( as asked previously) or, to get The F@Ck Out of my House.

Can't do that in a business situation...But, I'd still be thinking it, and unless you were really good at verbal dancing and could persuade me you weren't a Total D.B well, I think you know how the rest would work.

And, so it goes...

Stimpson
Yeah this is a weird one. I would think it would be most prudent to follow the instructions given than try to "impress them" (). Then again, if everyone else is showing up in a suit I'd rather not stand out either. Back when I used to interview pilots, I would always say to dress business casual and leave the suit at home. About half the prospects still showed up in suits. I don't think it influenced us one way or another, but it always gave me a chuckle.

Granted - this was a pretty low-key 91 piston operation. K4 is a horse of a different color. In the absence of any direction, I would absolutely wear a suit. No question. But if they specify a dress code, why would you disregard that?
Being that it's impossible to impress anyone in building #2 except to show 110% effort in training, I'd suggest doing just what they say.
The ACP specifically told me to ignore the business casual instruction during the phone interview but listen to your heart.
34  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  54  94  144 
Page 44 of 435
Go to