Military Friendly Employer designation?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Based on the numerous issues that have arisen over MLOA (to include USERRA class action litigation filed in the Northern District of Georgia), I'm kind of surprised the company received this recognition...again. 🤔
Quote: Based on the numerous issues that have arisen over MLOA (to include USERRA class action litigation filed in the Northern District of Georgia), I'm kind of surprised the company received this recognition...again. 🤔
Of what has Delta been found guilty? As you know, filing a lawsuit proves nothing.
Quote: Of what has Delta been found guilty? As you know, filing a lawsuit proves nothing.
Never said they were guilty (and it is a civil action so the defendant isn't guilty, just in breach/liable) but there have been numerous issues at the LEC level that led to the MEC establishing a Military Affairs committee. That coupled with the pending class action litigation seems indicitive of a cultural change at the management level towards Guard/Reserve service.
Quote: Based on the numerous issues that have arisen over MLOA (to include USERRA class action litigation filed in the Northern District of Georgia), I'm kind of surprised the company received this recognition...again. 🤔
Where is this info? Their policies toward we military stink. There is plenty to like about Delta... their interaction with and handling of active military employees (in my personal experience) is not one of these positive traits.

A union does not establish a military affairs committee where one did not previously exist because all is well... and certainly not because all is deserving of recognition.
Quote: Where is this info? Their policies toward we military stink. There is plenty to like about Delta... their interaction with and handling of active military employees (in my personal experience) is not one of these positive traits.

A union does not establish a military affairs committee where one did not previously exist because all is well... and certainly not because all is deserving of recognition.
Well maybe if so many if you didn’t abuse mil leave the company wouldn’t have to question everybody. I disagree with punishing everyone but I can see their frustration. And if you act surprised mil leave abuse is happening, you’re either ignorant or a liar.

Written by an Air Force vet.
Quote: Well maybe if so many if you didn’t abuse mil leave the company wouldn’t have to question everybody. I disagree with punishing everyone but I can see their frustration. And if you act surprised mil leave abuse is happening, you’re either ignorant or a liar.

I am sorry I am not seeing rampant mil leave abuse. Rather I am seeing the company trying to increase their efficiencies yet again. Just like sick leave, FRB boards, JV’s, SILs and reroutes.

I hate dropping mil leave, I lose money. Sometimes the other boss needs me too.
Quote: Well maybe if so many if you didn’t abuse mil leave the company wouldn’t have to question everybody. I disagree with punishing everyone but I can see their frustration. And if you act surprised mil leave abuse is happening, you’re either ignorant or a liar.

just spitballing, but did you leave the service before 9/11?

We have roughly 1,500 active military pilots, there are less than 10 that are problem children....

Please provide specific examples of this rampant mil leave abuse you claim happens. I’m happy to take this offline if you like.

While I don't disagree with the fact that there a mloa abusers (I've seen it), they are certainly the minority...there will always be the 1%ers. The majority are just trying to do the right thing, while trying to balance ever inceeasing demands/ops tempo in the ARC.

This is my third airline and I've had far more issues here than the othet two.
Took me 4 months of back n' forth, to just get paid properly after a deployment. Apparently stamped finalized orders are not always enough for them which is beyond ridiculous. And heaven forbid your military leave get cancelled and you have to call to get it removed...
Quote: just spitballing, but did you leave the service before 9/11?

We have roughly 1,500 active military pilots, there are less than 10 that are problem children....

Please provide specific examples of this rampant mil leave abuse you claim happens. I’m happy to take this offline if you like.
IF there are less than 10 (interesting that you put an actual number on that)... as you say... they must be well known. Maybe some of you should have a little talk with them. THEY are the ones pooping their pants... YOU are wearing the diapers.
Quote: IF there are less than 10 (interesting that you put an actual number on that)... as you say... they must be well known. Maybe some of you should have a little talk with them. THEY are the ones pooping their pants... YOU are wearing the diapers.
I’m on the committee...
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to