Commuting from KSEA

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Thanks JD. I have applied at CP but it seems maybe their recruiting efforts have slowed a bit so I was just looking at other options as well. This is definitely good information to know
No problem my friend. Good luck to you where you land.
Commuting from KSEA
My captain did the commute. Always commuted a day early. Said he got a seat on Alaska a lot. Always fly’s Thursday ish till Monday to commute easier. Gets the middle seat or jump seat about once a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don’t know me and I don’t expect you to believe me, but i’m going to save you a LOT of pain if you take my advice.

Do not try to live anywhere west of the Rockies and commute to Republic. Take it from someone who did it for five years; you will be miserable.

I’m not saying that Republic is a bad place to work or that Seattle is a bad place to live, but doing both is mutually exclusive.
Quote: I’m not saying that Republic is a bad place to work or that Seattle is a bad place to live, but doing both is mutually exclusive.
This. I used to do a "soft" two leg commute (one, maybe two trips per month) that would take almost all day, and that was bad enough. I don't know how some guys manage to do this all the time.
Probably worth waiting for Compass or Horizon.... Republic is a great company. But SEA was my hardest commute..
Thanks everyone who replied. Definitely get the sense this is not an easy thing to do. Appreciate everyone's input!
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to