Becoming a Fedex Pilot

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 15
Go to
Hello,
15yr F9 captain, 15k+ hrs, college, military. ...tired of the indigo sweatshop looking. ...what are my chances?
Quote: Hello,
15yr F9 captain, 15k+ hrs, college, military. ...tired of the indigo sweatshop looking. ...what are my chances?
Put your app in.
Update it weekly.
Get a Personal Endorsement to increase your chances.
LCA or Training Dept experience help.

Nobody has solved the Hiring equation. Good luck!
Quote: Get into the LEFT SEAT of any JET aircraft AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Check airman time will definitely help.

FedEx pilot is a GREAT JOB ... GOOD LUCK!
Sitting on about 5500TT and 1300 PIC Jet with 5000 PIC part 135
My concern is 90% is single pilot.
Would they even look at me with minimal CRM?
Thank you in advance.
Quote: Sitting on about 5500TT and 1300 PIC Jet with 5000 PIC part 135
My concern is 90% is single pilot.
Would they even look at me with minimal CRM?
Thank you in advance.
Sure, I’ve flown with a lot of F16 guys. Update app weekly (if that’s still a thing with the new app software)
is 1500 flight hours required for Fedex? I am a new pilot with 250 hours only. Do you think I have an option to get in the cargo Airlines?
Quote: is 1500 flight hours required for Fedex? I am a new pilot with 250 hours only. Do you think I have an option to get in the cargo Airlines?
You question suggests that major cargo airlines have lower requirements than their passenger peers.
Our nickname may be trash haulers but I take offense to the suggestion that cargo pilots are second class citizens.
Quote: is 1500 flight hours required for Fedex? I am a new pilot with 250 hours only. Do you think I have an option to get in the cargo Airlines?
Yes you do. You need another 1250 hours and voila, you can meet one of the many requirements.

UA
1500 hours would be fine, as long as 1000 of them are PIC multi-engine turbine. Though it is probably too few to put you in the running.

I suggest you read the board in depth before you post.

I am not sure about the requirements to fly the C-208's.
The 208s fall under 135 so 1200tt, 500 x-c, 100 night and 75 IMC for PIC.
Biz jet PIC vs Heavy SIC?
Quote: Get into the LEFT SEAT of any JET aircraft AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Check airman time will definitely help.

FedEx pilot is a GREAT JOB ... GOOD LUCK!
Hi MaydayMark!

I recently upgraded to Captain at my corporate jet job and am happy to have finally accomplished that. However, only accumulating about 200 hours per year PIC. Since I am a relatively low time civilian guy, (mixture 135 Safety Officer, and some 91)should I jump to an ACMI and hope to upgrade on heavy equipment in a few years or just keep building PIC where I am and then re-evaluate after I log my 1000th hour of jet PIC time? (Reason I ask is some of my non FedEx friends say even if I get interview in a few years I would not be hired without a ton of total time or some heavy time.)
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 15
Go to