Pay Banding in C2019...

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  22 
Page 12 of 28
Go to
Quote: Profit sharing and the fact it’s pensionable.
Disingenuous at best
Quote: Disingenuous at best
It’s a lot of disingenuous money to me!
Quote: Disingenuous at best
It is disingenuous if you say “rates.” The fact is PS is cash compensation and while we can’t plan on it for the future it does count.

Scoop
Quote: This really cracks me up. My UAL and AMR buddies are always complaining and telling what a disaster thier careers are. DAL guys claim we suck and UAL and AMR are the land of milk and honey.

Solution!!!!! Every airline should swap PWAs with with their peers. Every airline Pilot would be in airline pilot heaven.

Scoop
I'm UAL and I definitely don't think that . . .

You's guys stay at cheap hotels domestically, don't get First Class seats when traveling to training, let the company push you to extend to FAR 117 extension limits without pay, and worst of all let the company farm out a large portion of your international WB flying. Plus in my 22 year career there have been set backs, but I've been able to fly almost every plane we have 737, 757, 767-200,300,400, 777 and now A320, and along the way I've seen the world from Rio to Milan to Tokyo to Delhi to Moscow and countless other cities.

I'm very happy to be at UAL.

Of course, it is true I might be slightly envious when PS time comes round . . .
Quote: I'm UAL and I definitely don't think that . . .

You's guys stay at cheap hotels domestically, don't get First Class seats when traveling to training, let the company push you to extend to FAR 117 extension limits without pay, and worst of all let the company farm out a large portion of your international WB flying. Plus in my 22 year career there have been set backs, but I've been able to fly almost every plane we have 737, 757, 767-200,300,400, 777 and now A320, and along the way I've seen the world from Rio to Milan to Tokyo to Delhi to Moscow and countless other cities.

Of course, it is true I might be slightly envious when PS time comes round . . .
Do you guys have mid-rotation domestic redeyes with a 12 hour day sleep into (usually) a single night leg or is this a special DAL benefit?
Quote: Do you guys have mid-rotation domestic redeyes with a 12 hour day sleep into (usually) a single night leg or is this a special DAL benefit?
I thought these were no longer being generated, despite them being legal. What category?
Quote: I'm UAL and I definitely don't think that . . .

I enjoy your posts Sunvox and believe you add rational positivity to the forum environment which is usually by nature quite gloomy. At the end of the day all three Legacy companies are fantastic places to work with excellent opportunities for career advancement.

Just wanted to quickly address the common misconception that Delta farms out a large majority of its international flying. In terms of pure international widebody block hours Delta is number two behind UAL. Delta has always had a significant amount of international widebody flying, but where the angst comes from is the fact a large portion of that flying is on the lower paid 767-300ER. With the arrival of the 330NEOs our international large widebody flying is slated to increase.

What the JVs have done is allow Delta to operate to destinations and theatres it couldn't on its own. As you probably know your partnership with ANA has helped United become a powerful force in the Pacific (Especially at Haneda) and Delta has had to partner with Korean to revamp its Pacific Network after Narita was made relatively irrelevant by the Japanese Gov't ruling. Our Virgin JV turned us from runner ups at Gatwick to a Powerhouse at Heathrow. Our AeroMexico JV has increased mainline block hours to Mexico by 9%.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Quote: I thought these were no longer being generated, despite them being legal. What category?
There is one in the ATL717 bid package, trip 3121, 1st time I've ever seen a red eye on the plane. Granted, it's only 2:43 block but the report is 0159 EST and it lands at 0542 EST, 12:23 dayover then 1 leg back to ATL that night. Total BS IMO, there's 0 chance of anybody effectively swapping sleep patterns like that on a 3 day trip. Hopefully the pilots fatigue out and teach Delta the error of their ways.
Quote: There is one in the ATL717 bid package, trip 3121, 1st time I've ever seen a red eye on the plane. Granted, it's only 2:43 block but the report is 0159 EST and it lands at 0542 EST, 12:23 dayover then 1 leg back to ATL that night. Total BS IMO, there's 0 chance of anybody effectively swapping sleep patterns like that on a 3 day trip. Hopefully the pilots fatigue out and teach Delta the error of their ways.
Don’t ever fly international!
Quote: I enjoy your posts Sunvox and believe you add rational positivity to the forum environment which is usually by nature quite gloomy. At the end of the day all three Legacy companies are fantastic places to work with excellent opportunities for career advancement.

Just wanted to quickly address the common misconception that Delta farms out a large majority of its international flying. In terms of pure international widebody block hours Delta is number two behind UAL. Delta has always had a significant amount of international widebody flying, but where the angst comes from is the fact a large portion of that flying is on the lower paid 767-300ER. With the arrival of the 330NEOs our international large widebody flying is slated to increase.

What the JVs have done is allow Delta to operate to destinations and theatres it couldn't on its own. As you probably know your partnership with ANA has helped United become a powerful force in the Pacific (Especially at Haneda) and Delta has had to partner with Korean to revamp its Pacific Network after Narita was made relatively irrelevant by the Japanese Gov't ruling. Our Virgin JV turned us from runner ups at Gatwick to a Powerhouse at Heathrow. Our AeroMexico JV has increased mainline block hours to Mexico by 9%.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Folks like me, and presumably some business travelers, just want to be able to go to more international destinations directly from DTW, MSP, SLC, etc. I don't want to connect to a partner carrier through Amsterdam, Paris, or London... and I surely don't want to connect in Atlanta or NYC. There are ways to do this profitably. Unfortunately, it is more profitable to use cheaper international labor.

I'm happy to see the MEC standing strong on JVs.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  22 
Page 12 of 28
Go to