Flexjet schedule

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 12 of 14
Go to
Quote: what is the compensation for after midnight?
1.5X daily rate, about $770 for year 1 FO.
Still confused about the schedules: Is it possible to get long stretches off, similar to a 14 on / 14 off?
Quote: Still confused about the schedules: Is it possible to get long stretches off, similar to a 14 on / 14 off?
As of right now, yes. Scheduling sends an email out like 6 weeks in advance asking if you want to do a longer rotation (greater than 8 days). You’ll have to respond to that email and express your desires. They’ll do their best to accommodate, but obviously, no guarantees. I’m not sure how long this will remain in effect, or if it’s a permanent benefit.
Anyone care to update this thread with "typical" rotation duty day lengths and rest? Is it still 14 hours every day (except clock swapping for a specific departure)?
Quote: Anyone care to update this thread with "typical" rotation duty day lengths and rest? Is it still 14 hours every day (except clock swapping for a specific departure)?
18 months and my experience was never 14 hours every day. They will get 12 out of you every day. But sometimes you’ll be at the hotel at 8-9 hours into the day but they leave you on the clock for 12 hours just in case anything changes for the next day. I’d say set expectations to 12 hours on and 12 off and you won’t be disappointed. I’m out on a tour now and have had anywhere from 11.5 - 20 hours off duty between days.
(On duty between 7.5 - 14)
I just got a duty tracking tool from the guy I flew with last week. I averaged 11:26 per day for the rotation.
Quote: Anyone care to update this thread with "typical" rotation duty day lengths and rest? Is it still 14 hours every day (except clock swapping for a specific departure)?
It’s never 14 hours everyday, but we all have our share of them during busy periods. We have dozens of aircraft grounded and waiting for parts, so that tends to stretch out our days. I’ve had two rotations in a row where day 1 was home reserve.
Yeah as others have said "typical" doesn't exist. It'll vary largely depending on fleet assignment, tour length, domicile, the time of year, your horoscope, etc. The only typical part of the schedule is change. Consistent schedule changes is about the only thing you can count on with this job. Some days you're doing 14 hrs and 5 legs. Other days you're doing 5 hrs and 2 legs. And a day that looks like it could be one will very easily turn into the other without a moment's notice.
Yeah as others have said "typical" doesn't exist. It'll vary largely depending on fleet assignment, tour length, domicile, the time of year, your horoscope, etc. The only typical part of the schedule is change. Consistent schedule changes is about the only thing you can count on with this job. Some days you're doing 14 hrs and 5 legs. Other days you're doing 5 hrs and 2 legs. And a day that looks like it could be one will very easily turn into the other without a moment's notice.
Second rotation with the duty tracking spreadsheet. 7 days, average 9.8 hrs of duty. So 1st rotation 11.4 and 2nd rotation 9.8.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 12 of 14
Go to