Guys not getting off the A/C

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
A free times now when a plane comes in late and we're up against departure there are these captains that just stand there and won't get off the a/c.
Tool.

You, not them.

Maybe them though. But surely you.
Quote: Tool.

You, not them.

Maybe them though. But surely you.
You obviously don’t commute... He’s only tool if it’s anything but the last leg
I commuted for 4+ years. Finally in base.

My comment was based on the OP coming here and complaining vs confronting the offender. I am not sure what floobs was hoping would happen. I'm glad I could get my daily troll out of the way though.

Fill out your surveys, kids.
Do the walk around in the mean time. Cockpit set up takes less time than it takes to clean and reboard the airplane.
I’m usually yelling my “eight disarmed” response from the jetway.....
Quote: A free times now when a plane comes in late and we're up against departure there are these captains that just stand there and won't get off the a/c.
Talk about a ‘forward leaner’. You do realize you have some of the worst work rules in the industry? I’m sure Parker appreciates the extra effort though.
Quote: Talk about a ‘forward leaner’. You do realize you have some of the worst work rules in the industry? I’m sure Parker appreciates the extra effort though.
Truly. Don’t be a mission hacker.
They probably don't know you are late. Often times the company will swap aircraft and one that arrives on time or early suddenly becomes the one that is now delayed two hours.

I never got the whole "too cool for school" thing when guys go slow on purpose, or burn a bunch of extra gas to shave 0:01 off your flight time only taxi at 15 kts, etc. etc.

We get paid well for what we do. If this job wasn't union we'd be making half easy of what we currently get paid and I'd bet my pay check things would run a lot better to boot. Eventually we'll get another wake up call and have to take massive pay cuts. Oh and the guys who say they'll walk if that happens, they will be flying 100 hr months.
Quote: Do the walk around in the mean time. Cockpit set up takes less time than it takes to clean and reboard the airplane.
I’d like to, honestly, but....

1) We have a flow to perform before going outside on the Airbus

2) Risky (theft and security) to leave my bags unattended in the jetway.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to