Republic/TSA Merger?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
I recall seeing somewhere here a few months ago someone mentioning a possible merger with TSA subsidiary Compass. And then there was the story in The Air Current publication that all of TSA might merge with Republic. Anybody heard anything more recent on that?
Dead in the water. Untied shot it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i had heard that too, and thought it was dead. But today hearing otherwise, but with no substantiation. Any idea why United would have opposed?
Quote: i had heard that too, and thought it was dead. But today hearing otherwise, but with no substantiation. Any idea why United would have opposed?
Consolidation of the regional partners means less whispaw. The competition between the regionals trying to outbid each other is what helps keep costs low.
Rumors are fun
Aside from Air Current there was zero evidence of a merger ever happening.
Quote: i had heard that too, and thought it was dead. But today hearing otherwise, but with no substantiation. Any idea why United would have opposed?
The deal hinged on exchanging the XRs for 175s, which required UAL to get scope relief from its pilots. UAL was unable to get this so they "couldn't support the merger" which caused the deal to fall apart for now.

This deal is dead unless Bedford decides he wants to fly the XRs long term.
Quote: The deal hinged on exchanging the XRs for 175s, which required UAL to get scope relief from its pilots. UAL was unable to get this so they "couldn't support the merger" which caused the deal to fall apart for now.

So the deal hinged on UAL pilots giving up on scope? I guess it is a good thing the merger didn't go through then.
Quote: The deal hinged on exchanging the XRs for 175s, which required UAL to get scope relief from its pilots. UAL was unable to get this so they "couldn't support the merger" which caused the deal to fall apart for now.

Flight ops managers at Republic basically said the price was too high. BB only wanted compass, but it was all of nothing, so Republic walked away. I doubt Republic would go back to a mixed fleet of aircraft, unless they got a good deal.
Quote: So the deal hinged on UAL pilots giving up on scope? I guess it is a good thing the merger didn't go through then.
I just don’t see United pilots giving up scope, and no regional pilot should want them too.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to