West flying

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 6 of 8
Go to
Quote: They wouldn’t relax scope on MTOW without allowing more seats as well. That wouldn’t make any sense. The 175 now is capable of handling up to 90 seats, that’s why there’s so much more room in the EJets now. So yes even with the 175E2, you will still fly an aircraft with a greater amount of seats for the same b scale pay if scope caved. Just even more shinier for the new hires.
Operating the E2 with 76 seats would still allow for increased revenue versus operating the E175 with 76 seats because of the more efficient engines.

So yes, there’s still a push to be operating these aircraft even if only at 76 seats.
Quote: Operating the E2 with 76 seats would still allow for increased revenue versus operating the E175 with 76 seats because of the more efficient engines.

So yes, there’s still a push to be operating these aircraft even if only at 76 seats.
I doubt it.

That’s a pipe dream for the regional pilots hoping for relaxed scope so they can fly a shinier jet.
Quote: I doubt it.

That’s a pipe dream for the regional pilots hoping for relaxed scope so they can fly a shinier jet.
lol, that's what you think? So cute.

Lol seriously? Our pipe dream is that these money hungry mainline pilots will actually stop relaxing scope so we can finally get out of the regionals.

It’s simple economics...

But, I don’t think anyone cares if they fly a E2 or a 175. I’ve literally never heard a single pilot say “I want scope relaxed so I can fly a E2.” Lol
Quote: It’s simple economics...

But, I don’t think anyone cares if they fly a E2 or a 175. I’ve literally never heard a single pilot say “I want scope relaxed so I can fly a E2.” Lol
Any regional pilot who says they want scope relaxed for any reason doesn’t know how much they are hurting themselves.
Quote: Any regional pilot who says they want scope relaxed for any reason doesn’t know how much they are hurting themselves.
Right. 99% of us absolutely don’t want it, but there’s also a big chunk of us that think it will be relaxed

Saying we THINK it will be is different than saying we WANT it to be.
I honestly don’t know where this groupthink that scope is going to be relaxed is coming from. Scope was taken away by force after 9-11 under threat of bankruptcy liquidation. Most regional pilots flying today were toddlers when 9-11 happened and really have no clue what an absolutely surreal environment existed during the immediate aftermath.
So will these west coast runs will all go to the IND, CMH and PIT crews?
Quote: So will these west coast runs will all go to the IND, CMH and PIT crews?
Well, obviously. Why would the hubs get any flying?
2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 6 of 8
Go to