Skywest v.3.0

Subscribe
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 17 of 20
Go to
Quote: Are some of you people not able to read the frequency back and tune the radio and the same time? Could you practice?
I'd be happy with just reading the freq back without messing it up.
Quote: Are some of you people not able to read the frequency back and tune the radio and the same time? Could you practice?
A frequency change isn't a clearance , it does not require a readback. Just say goodbye and flip the switch.
Quote: A frequency change isn't a clearance , it does not require a readback. Just say goodbye and flip the switch.
Or do what I do. I just flip switch without saying anything. Relieves congestion.
Quote: A frequency change isn't a clearance , it does not require a readback. Just say goodbye and flip the switch.
Maybe not required, but it's certainly standard practice. And we do catch errors on a regular basis.
Quote: Maybe not required, but it's certainly standard practice. And we do catch errors on a regular basis.
Standard practice?

Mostly people don't know and just read back everything. If you didn't hear the frequency, ask. If you get it wrong, go back to the previous frequency and ask. Other than that, you are just contributing to congestion.
Quote: Standard practice?

Mostly people don't know and just read back everything. If you didn't hear the frequency, ask. If you get it wrong, go back to the previous frequency and ask. Other than that, you are just contributing to congestion.
Why does everyone read it back except the too-cool-for-school owner-operator PPLs?

Usually when I catch an error, I didn't suspect I had it wrong until ATC corrected me. But each to his own.
Who’s the Slc captain walking around Slc with a mustache and black levi khakis?
Heard the second rumor in a week that we will soon start taking 175s for American. Anyone with their ear to the wall heard anything?
Quote: Heard the second rumor in a week that we will soon start taking 175s for American. Anyone with their ear to the wall heard anything?
This has been a rumor for about 5 years. Believe it when you see the planes or an announcement.
Quote: This has been a rumor for about 5 years. Believe it when you see the planes or an announcement.
But AAs magazine has a SkyWest 175! So maybe we are merging.
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 17 of 20
Go to