Skywest v.3.0

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 20
Go to
Any rumors on new agreements for today’s conference call?
They don't often announce new agreements on the financial call...
Quote: They don't often announce new agreements on the financial call...

Correct but it seems like most major announcements during my time here has been around the week following calls. I've never seen anything major announced before an earnings call.
^they did announce this..

SkyWest Airlines announced today that it has agreed to a multi-year extension with United Airlines ("United") for 60 CRJ-200s currently under a capacity purchase agreement. These 60 aircraft originally had various contract maturities over the next few years.
Quote: ^they did announce this..

SkyWest Airlines announced today that it has agreed to a multi-year extension with United Airlines ("United") for 60 CRJ-200s currently under a capacity purchase agreement. These 60 aircraft originally had various contract maturities over the next few years.

I was late to the call. Didn't hear that one.
I thought it was interesting that the United 175 deal that is to be have airplanes flying by this spring hasn’t yet been finalized to announce on this call. They deferred the question when asked. I also enjoyed the direct question on why did we need to up pay mid-contract if there wasn’t a pilot problem. The round about answer was to attract better pilots and staff for growth opportunities.
Interestingly all of our increase in compensation is “baked in” to the contracts.
I like that we are paying down debt but that also means the delivery of fresh 175s is coming to a hault soon.
Quote: I like that we are paying down debt but that also means the delivery of fresh 175s is coming to a hault soon.
Unless mainline budges on scope (which I highly, highly doubt) 175 deliveries are done.

That all being said, UA really wants ALPA back at the table to scrape something together in 2019. They clearly want something (spoiler alert: it's scope). I'm sure their pilots know better, but that hasn't stopped them in the past.
Quote: Unless mainline budges on scope (which I highly, highly doubt) 175 deliveries are done.

That all being said, UA really wants ALPA back at the table to scrape something together in 2019. They clearly want something (spoiler alert: it's scope). I'm sure their pilots know better, but that hasn't stopped them in the past.
There is a lot more airlines out there then UA... and if you listened to the call you can see they think more regionals may fail or not be able to get there contracts renewed. Seems that’s already in play with UA and DL...
Quote: There is a lot more airlines out there then UA... and if you listened to the call you can see they think more regionals may fail or not be able to get there contracts renewed. Seems that’s already in play with UA and DL...

I'm going out on a limb here (/s) but I bet SkyWest wants those Compass contracts. Both Delta and AA.
Quote: I'm going out on a limb here (/s) but I bet SkyWest wants those Compass contracts. Both Delta and AA.
So Does Republic and Mesa..
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 20
Go to