New Application Website

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17 
Page 13 of 20
Go to
Quote: What’s competitive times these days for a civilian to get an interview? Are they trending down at all yet?
Seems to be 4-5k total 1k TPIC and a decent gpa.
Pretty much the day they created the new site, I tried to create my application. I gave up, tried again a month ago hoping some bugs and layouts were fixed. Gave up. Tried again today because they MUST have fixed it by now! This is me, giving up again.

I love FedEx, I'd give my dog to work there (he peed on my rug today, so he's on the list), but I am frustrated! This isn't the ol "they just want to see who is dedicated enough" application. Especially when you already had the old pilot credentials gauntlet mastered. At this point, I could understand feeling insulted as an applicant, being asked to spend what little spare time we have trying to figure out how to do what should be basic entry (again, especially if it was already completed elsewhere).

I haven't given up, but I'm going to wait another month and hope they go back to pilot credentials! (FedEx, if you don't want me as a pilot, I used to work in web development... call me. )
At this point so many people have put in so many hours getting their apps back to some semblance of decent that if they went back to Pilot Credentials there just might be a riot.

Mine isn't perfect but it's much better than it was, I would say one of the biggest things for me was to use Google Chrome, it seems to work far more effectively then IE.
Quote: Has anyone been able to change their selected resume? I uploaded a new one, selected "upload" from the Select from Previous Resumes page & hit save, but my original resume is still the one listed on the resume page. Any pointers?
Apparently, waiting a day fixed it. Woot! (Maybe they did an update? If so, thanks!) I'm really close to hitting go on it.
Submitted!
Quote: At this point so many people have put in so many hours getting their apps back to some semblance of decent that if they went back to Pilot Credentials there just might be a riot.

Mine isn't perfect but it's much better than it was, I would say one of the biggest things for me was to use Google Chrome, it seems to work far more effectively then IE.
You are probably on to something there. A whole lot of things internally here don’t work well on IE either..
Chrome worked better than Safari or IE for me too.
Quote: I don't think anyone has been able to successfully submit a completed application, hahaha.
Besides the annoyance of the site I have been able to submit however no calls from purple.
Initial Civilian Experience Question on App
Hello, I was hoping someone could help with this; I have a flight instructor certificate with airplane multiengine; instrument airplane ratings. (mil competency....showed fsdo paperwork and got the flight instructor certificate with the ratings)

The application website lists CFI, CFII, CFMEI as if they are all different certifications.

I thought CFI is the Certificated Flight Instructor certificate (of which you only get one instructor certificate and add ratings). So, I'm not sure how to answer the app on this.....to them do I just have a CFII and a CFMEI? any help is appreciated!
Quote: Hello, I was hoping someone could help with this; I have a flight instructor certificate with airplane multiengine; instrument airplane ratings. (mil competency....showed fsdo paperwork and got the flight instructor certificate with the ratings)

The application website lists CFI, CFII, CFMEI as if they are all different certifications.

I thought CFI is the Certificated Flight Instructor certificate (of which you only get one instructor certificate and add ratings). So, I'm not sure how to answer the app on this.....to them do I just have a CFII and a CFMEI? any help is appreciated!
They are all different certificates. If you only have a CFI you can’t teach in a multi or do any instrument training. You need an MEI and CFII certificate in addition to do the afformentioned.
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17 
Page 13 of 20
Go to