Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2018, 08:45 AM   #21  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: 145, MQ-9
Posts: 11
Default

Enthusiastically opened it. Oh boy.......this is going to take a day at least. I was hoping to just update some hours but dont want to hit submit on a 98% correct app.

I was hoping it'd migrate with my email, as it noted, but alas no.

Can we hope for a 2.0 next week?
ClonePilot is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 10:13 AM   #22  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 76
Default

I received another email this morning that apologizes for the wrong email address and several other issues. Definitely seems like this thing was rolled out way early.

I haven’t seen anything on the new site or FedEx emails specifically referencing “pilot credentials”, only mentioning “the previous website”. I wonder if there was a falling out of sorts and they were rushed into transitioning early.
LJ Driver is online now  
Old 12-01-2018, 11:54 AM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Weekends off
Posts: 187
Default

I am unable to change the , "Lived to date" of my current address. Or change my current address to a past address. Therefore, I am not sure how to add a new address.

It seems like the only way to delete an entry near the top is to delete every single entry below. There is only one delete button and it is located on the oldest or last entry in your history.

Any ideas how to work around this?



I wonder if FedEx is planning on pulling any applications anytime soon? I can't imagine there is one applicant with a technically correct application at this point.
wankel7 is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post

I wonder if FedEx is planning on pulling any applications anytime soon? I can't imagine there is one applicant with a technically correct application at this point.
Wouldn't worry about it. It's peak season.
Riverside is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 12:32 PM   #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger
Posts: 1,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ Driver View Post
I received another email this morning that apologizes for the wrong email address and several other issues. Definitely seems like this thing was rolled out way early.

I haven’t seen anything on the new site or FedEx emails specifically referencing “pilot credentials”, only mentioning “the previous website”. I wonder if there was a falling out of sorts and they were rushed into transitioning early.

Airlines pay those application vendors tens of thousands a month... likely just a cost savings project that gives someone a bonus.
Otterbox is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #26  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 8
Default

Do they want 10 years of work history only or is it better to go all the way back from first aviation job?
flying2018 is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Weekends off
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying2018 View Post
Do they want 10 years of work history only or is it better to go all the way back from first aviation job?
I wonder the same...not to date my self but I will be removing quality experience from my application if I cut it off at 10 years.

The directions do say 10 years though....

I suppose the flight time section captures that experience.
wankel7 is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #28  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 76
Default

So I hope the interface that FedEx sees is better than the one I can see or check my answers with. When I go to the "print answers" section the flight hours table is pretty much illegible and any answers on the questionnaire portion that are longer than about a sentence are cutoff with a "..." after them - both in portrait and landscape formats. Makes it impossible to semi-easily check my work and progress.

Questions for the group:
- I uploaded my resume, but when I try to view it nothing comes up but an empty screen, anyone else have this issue? Is it corrupt and I need to push another or is it just the interface?
- Do I need to "resubmit" at the review section everytime I change anything? Is there an updated date/time anywhere like PC had?
- My hours seem screwed up in the "print answers" section but they are correct in the input section. Also, the sorties box isn't annotated corrected. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

Last edited by LJ Driver; 12-01-2018 at 07:14 PM.
LJ Driver is online now  
Old 12-02-2018, 02:12 AM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Hacker15e's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: IPZ to Mr.
Posts: 1,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
I wonder the same...not to date my self but I will be removing quality experience from my application if I cut it off at 10 years.

The directions do say 10 years though....

I suppose the flight time section captures that experience.
The guidance from the interview prep and application review services for other airlines that have used the "10 years" verbiage in their applications was to go all the way back to your first job.

In the absence of other guidance, this is probably still a valid vector.
Hacker15e is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 03:20 AM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MOGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: CRJ200; FO
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker15e View Post
The guidance from the interview prep and application review services for other airlines that have used the "10 years" verbiage in their applications was to go all the way back to your first job.

In the absence of other guidance, this is probably still a valid vector.
From what I've seen FedEx says last 10 years vs airlinesapps that has the verbiage "complete work history".
MOGuy is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Application Question countruben1 American 14 05-31-2017 06:55 PM
Spirit application question MQberry01 Spirit 18 02-18-2017 12:57 PM
Application Question Likeabat UPS 34 10-13-2016 08:10 AM
Emirates application question AZ145pilot Foreign 2 04-20-2015 06:27 AM
NWA Application Question saab2000 Major 2 11-17-2007 06:57 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:46 PM.