Marine F/A-18 and KC-130 down off Japan

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
One survivor of a total of seven crew (for both airplanes) picked up alive after refueling accident. Search is ongoing.
Dammit.

Prayers for all.
Oh no.

Please post details or source links here as you find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nkawtg.... N!!!
Update
Quote: Oh no.

Please post details or source links here as you find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/w...nes-japan.html

Second crewman found alive, five still missing.
The guys with ejection seats are accounted for, one ok one reported dead. Unknown status for the rest. Still hoping.

Fair winds and following seas.
A C-130 refueling a high performance fighter? What could possibly go wrong?

Anybody know what speed the C-130 would have been using for the A/R? I have flown with some old KC-97 pilots that said that they needed to be in a full power descent to get fast enough to refuel certain fighters.

Joe
Quote: A C-130 refueling a high performance fighter? What could possibly go wrong?

Anybody know what speed the C-130 would have been using for the A/R? I have flown with some old KC-97 pilots that said that they needed to be in a full power descent to get fast enough to refuel certain fighters.

Joe
KC-130’s refuel F-18’s, AV-8’s, and F-35’s routinely. It’s a very common occurrence.
Quote: A C-130 refueling a high performance fighter? What could possibly go wrong?

Joe
it is extremely common place.
I've done KC-130 tanking at 500'.
besides the turbulence causing problems over the Northern Territory desert - it isn't a problem.
Sad and happening just after the release of this report: https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.mili...2-redacted.pdf
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to