K4 VS JetBlue

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Let’s hear it! What say you?
Quote: Let’s hear it! What say you?
Depends on what you’re looking for.

International adventure and home basing/positive space travel then K4.

Greater retirement contributions and domestic pax airline stuff then JetBlue.
3 have left k4 for jb since the new jb cba. All lived in a jb base. Two very different jobs.
I had another FO in the cockpit that left JB for K4 because positive space to work and pay. He did leave before the new JB contract, but commuting was his big gripe.
Yeah it's apples to oranges. Depends on where you live and what you like.
Quote: Let’s hear it! What say you?
Jet Blue gets a retirement with their new contract so I'd rather start there. Plus you can live in base and not be gone as much. The only plus that K4 would have over Jet Blue would be if you are dead set on commuting... Even then the retirement would be the difference for me.
Living in base at JB is a pretty good deal. Commuting not so much, but that can be said about anywhere. 3rd year JB 320 FO, pulled in around $160K with 360 hours of block. Half reserve and half bidding a line. Schedules went to **** post CBA. Money is good, but no respect from management, be ready to be treated like a child. Captains authority has been eroded here. Come to work, collect the checks and go home.
Quote: Living in base at JB is a pretty good deal. Commuting not so much, but that can be said about anywhere. 3rd year JB 320 FO, pulled in around $160K with 360 hours of block. Half reserve and half bidding a line. Schedules went to **** post CBA. Money is good, but no respect from management, be ready to be treated like a child. Captains authority has been eroded here. Come to work, collect the checks and go home.
At three years, did you bid for reserve or was that the best you could hold?
Quote: At three years, did you bid for reserve or was that the best you could hold?
I bid reserve on off months, fall and winter. There can be times where they don’t call you for a whole month or more from September until Thanksgiving. I can hold an OK line, but the trips used to be better before the CBA sadly.
Quote: Living in base at JB is a pretty good deal. Commuting not so much, but that can be said about anywhere. 3rd year JB 320 FO, pulled in around $160K with 360 hours of block. Half reserve and half bidding a line. Schedules went to **** post CBA. Money is good, but no respect from management, be ready to be treated like a child. Captains authority has been eroded here. Come to work, collect the checks and go home.
K4 you would fly your butt off, but make more money. As a second year FO on the 74 I made 180k. Then upgraded at year 2.5 and will make well over 200 this year. Each year I fly around 800-900 hours, but a lot of people time out.
The schedules are non existent since you don’t fly your line. You bid for days off. You will have no idea where you are going until the day prior.
The management is actually pretty good since the CP has your back. Retirement sucks, but that is the #1 issue on the next contract.
You WILL be gone for the entire 16 days, so if that’s an issue go to JB
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to