I'm a Yes Voter...

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 17
Go to
Flame away
Quote: Flame away
Are you in that desperate need of attention?
I am also a yes voter, but I will own it with facts.
Quote: I am also a yes voter, but I will own it with facts.
Me too! Too many what ifs if we vote no!
Quote: Me too! Too many what ifs if we vote no!
Sooooo yeaaaahhhh, not really facts then?
Quote: Me too! Too many what ifs if we vote no!
That’s it. Go with sure thing, the sub-Spirit package.
Quote: That’s it. Go with sure thing, the sub-Spirit package.
Yup! Or we can vote no and eat Trowserchili for another 18 months!
Quote: That’s it. Go with sure thing, the sub-Spirit package.
Our's is better than Spirit's. Attend a road show.
At least the 'yes' side of the table is only substantiated by unknowns and not the actual merits of the deal in front of us. Being unsure and afraid of what the company will do if we turn it down. Being afraid of the event of some unknown merger and how we could get stuck. Being afraid of an economic downturn that if bad enough to effect a future contract really doesn't matter because the company would renegotiate the deal anyway. Being afraid that the next deal will take too long and not be significant enough and that we will then not make up the MONEY left on the table. All that and not seeing past a quick buck.

The no vote on the other hand is solidified in fact. The fact that this deal is absolutely at the bottom of the industry on several fronts. The fact that there is very loose language in several sections of this contract. The fact that the company in the past has not only exploited loose language in our current contract but also disregarded other aspects of it resulting in several grievances. One fear on the no side, but a fair fear, is that based on past practices of the company, they will continue to exploit the loose language in the next deal. The fact that there is NO PBS language and that our contract suggests we are to negotiate in "good faith" to develop said language with a company that has time and time again negotiated in bad faith as stated not just by our union but also a neutral arbitrator. The fact that our NC stating they are not favoring 12+ year Captains and the reason for the big jump is because they took a 14 year scale and just brought the top pay down to year 12 is the weakest excuse EVER. The fact that the union is trying to push this deal acting like F9 pilots are "in the pattern" because our effective "rate" is higher if we credit 90+ hrs instead of basing it only on 75hrs is insane! The lack of comparing average days on/credit hours to truly see what "in the pattern" would look like. The fact that there are several new user names on this forum who do not act or talk like pilots and are simply trying to push a yes vote suggesting these individuals are in fact management and that this deal significantly benefits them. This is a bad deal.

We'll see what happens, but if this deal passes our group will make more money at the expense of quality of life while on the line.
Quote:
We'll see what happens, but if this deal passes our group will make more money at the expense of quality of life while on the line.
And at the expense of adding pilots to the seniority list.
PBS, “industry market rates above 82”,
These are items that stagnate hiring. Instead we should be encouraging adding names to the list, more captains etc...
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 17
Go to