Joining with a juvenile record

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: I don’t think this is true. Mine showed up, didn’t matter, I disclosed anyway. Great opportunity to talk about what you learned and how it helped build your character, also I used some self deprecating humor about it in my interview.
Expungement is not the same as sealed. If it’s expunged, it’s gone. I don’t know what you mean when you say “yours showed up”. That’s not even possible.
Quote: Expungement is not the same as sealed. If it’s expunged, it’s gone. I don’t know what you mean when you say “yours showed up”. That’s not even possible.
I had it expunged, then when I did a background check on myself (Colorado Bureau of Investigation), it showed up. I don’t know if the expungement didn’t work or what.

Bottom line, it doesn’t matter, if they ask if you’ve ever been arrested, the answer is yes for the OP.
Quote: Get it expunged. Even the military can’t look at it at that point, and you can legally say you never committed a crime.
No. That technically applies to civilian employers, but not federal agencies like DoD, Intel, LE.

If they ask a question, answer it literally.
Quote: I had it expunged, then when I did a background check on myself (Colorado Bureau of Investigation), it showed up. I don’t know if the expungement didn’t work or what.

Bottom line, it doesn’t matter, if they ask if you’ve ever been arrested, the answer is yes for the OP.
I’m quite familiar with how it works in Colorado. If yours showed up in a CBI check, it was not expunged. You are giving the OP incorrect information.
Quote: No. That technically applies to civilian employers, but not federal agencies like DoD, Intel, LE.

If they ask a question, answer it literally.
Absolutely incorrect. It applies to the military.
APC lawyers are the worst kind. Unless a very experienced attorney advised me otherwise, I would disclose everything, even expunged stuff. A quick google search shows there are definitely circumstances where expunged stuff shows up.

https://www.recordgone.com/articles/...d-be-found.htm
Quote: I’m quite familiar with how it works in Colorado. If yours showed up in a CBI check, it was not expunged. You are giving the OP incorrect information.
Ok, doesn’t matter, he should probably consult a lawyer if he wants to deny it happened. I stand by my recommendation to answer the questions accurately, especially since it really doesn’t matter, but I’m not a lawyer. Sounds like maybe you were, I don’t know.
Quote: Absolutely incorrect. It applies to the military.
You are absolutely not correct.

For clarity, it may not be disqualifying, but you cannot lie about arrests or convictions, regardless of any sealing or expunging.

All military personnel must be eligible for a clearance. I know how those work, my unit has dedicated Intel cell which reports to me.

Also I'm talking federal, maybe the guard is different.
Quote: APC lawyers are the worst kind. Unless a very experienced attorney advised me otherwise, I would disclose everything, even expunged stuff. A quick google search shows there are definitely circumstances where expunged stuff shows up.

https://www.recordgone.com/articles/...d-be-found.htm
I agree completely, OP absolutely talk to a lawyer. Because you were a juvenile, expungement is different than what the linked article above applies to.
Quote: You are absolutely not correct.

For clarity, it may not be disqualifying, but you cannot lie about arrests or convictions, regardless of any sealing or expunging.

All military personnel must be eligible for a clearance. I know how those work, my unit has dedicated Intel cell which reports to me.

Also I'm talking federal, maybe the guard is different.
https://www.hmichaelsteinberg.com/ju...n-colorado.htm
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to