Lateral Move with 175 Type Rating

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: We also have a very low CPP success rate. Many CAs have failed twice now. Causing them to stack up on the top of the list. Too many people got comfortable for too long. Sometimes a decade without a major training cycle. This could backfire on management if the top of the list stagnates and nobody goes anywhere. C5 doesn’t have 50% of the CAs topped out on an 18 year pay scale, we do. They need to fix this CPP problem.
Or how about you actually try and prepare for your interview. Too many of those Senior CA’s thought they could waltz in with no prep work and pass. Hell I know one dude had a 400 hour discrepancy in his logbook, some had no degrees and I could list more issues.

Bottom line be a professional.
Quote: Or how about you actually try and prepare for your interview. Too many of those Senior CA’s thought they could waltz in with no prep work and pass. Hell I know one dude had a 400 hour discrepancy in his logbook, some had no degrees and I could list more issues.

Bottom line be a professional.
Inaccurate. There may have been a couple of people that did that, but I know several that were well prepared, and got the TBNT. UA thinks their 💩 don’t stink, and it’s pretty frustrating.
Quote: Inaccurate. There may have been a couple of people that did that, but I know several that were well prepared, and got the TBNT. UA thinks their 💩 don’t stink, and it’s pretty frustrating.
Talking with quite a few of them that didn’t pass it was a common thread. I did the prep, kept my log book updated and felt it was an easy process.

What people don’t realize you are being interviewed constantly. In my group were 2 IAH CA’s who failed the first time. The whole time we were in the reception area one looked like he had a stick up his butt. Never interacted with anyone and had an air of arrogance. When current UA pilots stopped by to talk/wish us luck he came off as aloof.

I will give the fact that some good guys did not make it but, we don’t know how they interviewed since we weren’t in the room.
Quote: Or how about you actually try and prepare for your interview. Too many of those Senior CA’s thought they could waltz in with no prep work and pass.
That accounted for a much smaller group of guys than you think.

Quote: I know one dude had a 400 hour discrepancy in his logbook
Did they walk him out?

Quote: had no degrees and I could list more issues.
And many of them were accepted and later hired.

Quote: Bottom line be a professional.
And many of the ones I know that were shot down were. They were up to date on their books, went to the across the street prep and told they'd do just fine, only to not get accepted on either round......
Quote: The company can upgrade and fly the reserve CAs as FOs.

Being a captain WITHOUT getting TPIC is sorta like kissing your sister.
Quote: Being a captain WITHOUT getting TPIC is sorta like kissing your sister.
I have 3 things to say about that.

1) it pays the same.

2) TPIC isn’t really required these days to get hired by a Major.

3) my sister’s pretty hot 🤷🏻*♂️
Quote:
3) my sister’s pretty hot 🤷🏻*♂️
From Arkansas, right?

1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to