Amazon Expanding Shipping Capability

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to
"Amazon makes clear it's now competing with shippers like FedEx and UPS in its annual filing"
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/05/amaz...s_fS_I5lDmv58w

It sounds like Amazon's plan is to acquire/merge with one or more existing air/ground carriers.
I sure do love Walmart.com. Free shipping! [emoji41]

Yes I’m being a little sarcastic. But the point is, Amazon isn’t the only retailer who’s selling other companies “stuff” under their name and marketing umbrella. They will not rule the world and run Walmart, Target, UPS, FedEx out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I sure do love Walmart.com. Free shipping! [emoji41]

Yes I’m being a little sarcastic. But the point is, Amazon isn’t the only retailer who’s selling other companies “stuff” under their name and marketing umbrella. They will not rule the world and run Walmart, Target, UPS, FedEx out of business.

Does Walmart actually carry the inventory in distribution centers like Amazon, or is Walmart just a middleman that simply advertises the product, then the individual company still ships it.
Quote: Does Walmart actually carry the inventory in distribution centers like Amazon, or is Walmart just a middleman that simply advertises the product, then the individual company still ships it.
Amazon does both, think Walmart does too
Quote: Does Walmart actually carry the inventory in distribution centers like Amazon, or is Walmart just a middleman that simply advertises the product, then the individual company still ships it.

~Amazon beats out Walmart currently in online sales and third party retailers.

~Walmart beats out Amazon currently with brick and mortar stores.

The two are rapidly advancing into each other’s area of expertise. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Boom
Omni getting 777 freighters

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...-freighter-ops
Quote: Boom
Omni getting 777 freighters

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...-freighter-ops

Good news for Omni! Of course the magic question is "how many"...
Quote: Good news for Omni! Of course the magic question is "how many"...
And pay the pilots RJ wages to fly them. The industry as a whole should not applause a growth in ACMI flying. It devalues the industry. This is all contract and RFP flying like the passanger regionals. Have we not learned our lessons?
Quote: And pay the pilots RJ wages to fly them. The industry as a whole should not applause a growth in ACMI flying. It devalues the industry. This is all contract and RFP flying like the passanger regionals. Have we not learned our lessons?
Omni first year pay is higher than RJ Captain pay at any regional. Kalitta Captain pay is higher than JetBlue Captain. At least go to the airline profiles page of this website before engaging fingers. Have you met your 1000tt on flight sim yet?
Quote: And pay the pilots RJ wages to fly them. The industry as a whole should not applause a growth in ACMI flying. It devalues the industry. This is all contract and RFP flying like the passanger regionals. Have we not learned our lessons?
$113/hr first year pay...
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to