Current JetBlue NewHire movement.

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8 
Page 8 of 8
Go to
Quote: Doubt there will be any need to play catch-up next year as I doubt JB will take all it's scheduled deliveries next year in addition to all the missing deliveries from this year.

Just my guess.
I think we take 6-9 planes this year, 15 next year, and hire 300 each year, with around 59-69 in total attrition each year.

What's your predicted number of planes delivered and pilots hired in both 2019 and 2020?
Quote: Has JB ever taken all its scheduled deliveries? If they have it was well before my time.
They might have once taken all of it's planned REDUCED delivery schedule. But not sure.
Quote: I think we take 6-9 planes this year, 15 next year, and hire 300 each year, with around 59-69 in total attrition each year.

What's your predicted number of planes delivered and pilots hired in both 2019 and 2020?
Bout the same, 6-8 in 2019 and 13-15 in 2020.

Definitely not 13 and 15 as scheduled. And definitely not 28 over 2 years.
First year pay on both planes is not the same. Hourly rate is the same on both planes. Those in my class that choose bus are on reserve working every weekend at 75 hours guaranteed. Those of us on the 190 are all line holders I hold about half the weekends off and 15-16 days off at 80ish hours credit. QOL and pay are both better first year for the 190. I’d even say at year 2 with the moving the schedule it’s about the same pay for both planes. Obviously the overnights are much better on the bus.
Quote: His comment about the 15th was tongue in cheek. If you end up coming here as a last resort, you'll see what he means in pretty short order.

See my username. Good luck to you.
Always had JB at the top of my list, have some friends there that love it. Seems like a great culture so I'm sorry and surprised to hear that. Don't mean to be ignorant by any means. Thought the contract you guys got was pretty good. I am still not near competitive mins yet, just starting getting TPIC as of 2019 so crossing my fingers I am closer.
Quote: Always had JB at the top of my list, have some friends there that love it. Seems like a great culture so I'm sorry and surprised to hear that. Don't mean to be ignorant by any means. Thought the contract you guys got was pretty good. I am still not near competitive mins yet, just starting getting TPIC as of 2019 so crossing my fingers I am closer.
It’s an inside joke. Really funny if you work here. Most of us are very happy. If we didn’t complain, what would we talk about? :-)
Quote: I think we take 6-9 planes this year, 15 next year, and hire 300 each year, with around 59-69 in total attrition each year.

Might be of interest:

4  5  6  7  8 
Page 8 of 8
Go to