Guard... Again....

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 10
Go to
Quote: You’re.......... Just sayin’
I see what you did their.
I've noticed the opposite, a downtick over the last, say 6 months. East coast.
I used to think it was guys sitting in a plane at some small airport or FBO. Out of EWR, it is God-awful headed south for the first half-hour. Then, it would fade...implying it was out of range.

But yesterday, it followed me for three hours out of IAH, headed to Europe.
Quote: I see what you did their.
And I sea what you just did two!
The best option is to ignore the behavior so it will not get the reaction that the perpetrators are looking for. They will get bored eventually (or caught) by the FCC’s enforcement bureau with their sophisticated D/F equipment.
Quote: Oh give me a break. You know how many RJs operate out of DEN and points west? I've been an RJ guy for nearly 5 years and never once have I flown with anyone who fooled around on guard.

You're right in that it's much quieter out West. Once I get east of about STL it's incredible how much nonsense there is. But please, leave your condescension towards RJ guys out of this.
I think the slam should be on "certain" RJ carriers, not because someone flies an RJ.

We were in a south central TX area recently, virtually nobody on Center besides our mainline 737 flight, the rest were RJ's. Guard was full of J.O.'s with every retread transmission (IMHO, transmissions are acceptable if they are damn funny and come from true creative talent). the Transmissions were clear, they weren't bleed over from south KS. There is also something easily identifiable with early 20 something humor. Trust me, I was a J.O. with 20 something humor once.
Quote: Just turn it off.
Do you realize all of ATC is forced to endure your garbage at full volume? They don't have the luxury of turning it down, you know, in case of emergencies.
Simple solution...

FAA/FCC should just designate one freq as the chatter freq so that people have a place to shoot the breeze. Kind of like the trucker's channel #19 on CB radio. All of the garbage and nonsense will most likely be confined there and not on the emergency freq.
Quote: Simple solution...

FAA/FCC should just designate one freq as the chatter freq so that people have a place to shoot the breeze. Kind of like the trucker's channel #19 on CB radio. All of the garbage and nonsense will most likely be confined there and not on the emergency freq.
They already do. 122.75. FAA designated air-to-air frequency. But nobody uses it, and you’d just be meowing to yourself. And what fun is that?
Quote: Simple solution...

isnt 123.45 for this?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 10
Go to