EWR living

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: From what I can tell, everyone at Commutair lives in Allentown, PA...

or Florida.
Not everyone. I still live in Oklahoma and I know of one other from there as well.
Quote: Not everyone. I still live in Oklahoma and I know of one other from there as well.
They must not have sarcasm out there in OK...
Quote: From what I can tell, everyone at Commutair lives in Allentown, PA...

or Florida.
This. Drive time to EWR from East PA is around 1.5 hours depending on time of day. That puts you in range of the airport for a 2 hour reserve call out. If you want to drive to work, this is your best option from a taxation perspective. Otherwise, it's a commuting flight and then it's what is best for you based on what's important to you. If family is at the top of the list, commute from the closest airport to your family that has decent one leg service to EWR. Two legging it through a hub sucks and will eat up your time off. The bigger the commuting airport is, the more options you'll have.
Quote: They must not have sarcasm out there in OK...
Everyone knows that I am the king of sarcasm.
Quote: Oh geez then no offense but this isn't even worth my time.
Well that explains why you didn't pass the Hogan!
If you’re married with kids, NJ taxes are okay. To answer your question Short Hills, Millburn, Summit, Springfield, or Providence. All that is about a 18-25 minute drive no traffic to EWR and maybe 30-40 with traffic. Great schools and very safe areas to raise a family.
I don't work for CommutAir but I do commute to EWR base from Allentown, PA. My company has a 2-hour call out, its never taken my more than 1 hour 20 mins no matter what time of day or weather via I78 fortunately. (2 months so far).
Hi guys, i'll be joining ground school in the next few months and will most likely be flying out of EWR. I'm new to Jersey and wanting to know any decent areas to rent in the area that's 1. Safe 2. Inexpensive 3. No more than 30min commute. Any suggestions?
Quote: Hi guys, i'll be joining ground school in the next few months and will most likely be flying out of EWR. I'm new to Jersey and wanting to know any decent areas to rent in the area that's 1. Safe 2. Inexpensive 3. No more than 30min commute. Any suggestions?
Sleep in the airport. That's the only place that hits all three, and that's even questionable.
Look up the map for New Jersey Transit. There is a commuter train with some decent suburban places to live.

QUOTE=straya;2776634]Hi guys, i'll be joining ground school in the next few months and will most likely be flying out of EWR. I'm new to Jersey and wanting to know any decent areas to rent in the area that's 1. Safe 2. Inexpensive 3. No more than 30min commute. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to