SWA declares 'operational emergency'

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
FordHarrison/F and H solutions is the leading aviation labor consultanting firm.

https://www.fordharrison.com/save-th...-law-symposium

https://www.fordharrison.com/fordhar...-law-symposium
Quote: Let this be another lesson to us.
Scope is easy to give away and tough to claw back. The company is doing everything they can to outsource heavy maintenance.
I am watching this very closely, because the new VP of labor relations is making his name in this contract negotiation. If he can break the mechanics' union or even divide them enough to get the company asks (more outsourced maintenance) then he will be emboldened during the Super Bowl of section 6 negotiations, the pilots. He already has a track record of being very anti pilot and anti union.
The question lies, how far is the company willing to let this go? Things are looking pretty dark on the horizon. They have my support for sure.

Also discuss this with employees of other unionized labor groups. Everyone should be informed about how these campaigns go.
I fully support the mechanics in their drive to keep their scope.
I implore all the SWA pilots to to back yo their mechs.
All the pilots that gave away scope in the past are certainly not happy about it.
Would this situation be so ominous as to make pilots submit their apps other places? I’m curious what you all see as the long term consequences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The lead negotiator is an ex-scheduler and another person on the company negotiations team is ex-SWAPA President Kuwitsky or however you spell douche

Quote: The lead negotiator is an ex-scheduler and another person on the company negotiations team is ex-SWAPA President Kuwitsky or however you spell douche

Deus is the correct spelling, amirite?
Quote: Let this be another lesson to us.
Scope is easy to give away and tough to claw back. The company is doing everything they can to outsource heavy maintenance.
I am watching this very closely, because the new VP of labor relations is making his name in this contract negotiation. If he can break the mechanics' union or even divide them enough to get the company asks (more outsourced maintenance) then he will be emboldened during the Super Bowl of section 6 negotiations, the pilots. He already has a track record of being very anti pilot and anti union.
The question lies, how far is the company willing to let this go? Things are looking pretty dark on the horizon. They have my support for sure.
Hadn’t SWA outsourced all its heavy maintenance since they started operating?
Quote: Hadn’t SWA outsourced all its heavy maintenance since they started operating?

Not all. A good portion was outsourced in the last maintenance contract for pay above industry standard.
Quote: Would this situation be so ominous as to make pilots submit their apps other places? I’m curious what you all see as the long term consequences

I don’t think so. I completely trust the current SWAPA leadership we have in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Another 100+ canceled Southwest flights today
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to