Regarding aircraft assignment

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to
Quote: Then why did they make an entire video and press release about the MD11 leaving WAW?
Good question.

..but I also remember press releases and even some videos about us flying DHL’s packages, or buying TNT and even purchasing 10 A380s (bet those airbuses are really “cheap” now ).
Quote: Then why did they make an entire video and press release about the MD11 leaving WAW?
Because that was the plan at that Z time. They’re having problems staffing the whale, so plans appear to be changing a little.
Quote: Good question.

..but I also remember press releases and even some videos about us flying DHL’s packages, or buying TNT and even purchasing 10 A380s (bet those airbuses are really “cheap” now ).
...and the Postal volume we were poised to steal from Fedex!!!!
Quote: ...and the Postal volume we were poised to steal from Fedex!!!!
We did!! On the HNL-GUM leg!!
I apologize if this has been asked before, what about a MIA base/aircraft assignment? Is it common for a new hire?
Very possible. The bottom 1/4 of the MIA seniority list is somewhat of a revolving door... if you don’t get it on day 1, you’ll definitely get it the next system bid.
Be aware that the junior schedules in MIA are so bad that some people who live in south Florida choose to commute to SDF rather than MIA.
Quote: Be aware that the junior schedules in MIA are so bad that some people who live in south Florida choose to commute to SDF rather than MIA.
One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure. Very true especially at UPS. If you live in South FL and don’t mind doing night turns, it is actually a real good deal. You work 10 days per 28 pay period, home every day, can change a lot of trips around.

One thing for sure, we have MAYBE 10 commutable lines and they obviously go very senior, like 10 years. If you don’t live in base, you will be miserable, no doubt.
Quote: One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure. Very true especially at UPS. If you live in South FL and don’t mind doing night turns, it is actually a real good deal. You work 10 days per 28 pay period, home every day, can change a lot of trips around.

One thing for sure, we have MAYBE 10 commutable lines and they obviously go very senior, like 10 years. If you don’t live in base, you will be miserable, no doubt.
A buddy of mine from Florida who just hit second year got MIA day 1. At first he did the night turns to South America and wasn't quite happy with it so he successfully bid trips out of base until he had more seniority. It was tough at first but even a year in his schedule has improved dramatically.
Quote: One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure. Very true especially at UPS. If you live in South FL and don’t mind doing night turns, it is actually a real good deal. You work 10 days per 28 pay period, home every day, can change a lot of trips around.

Night turns out of MIA has you working 10 days a month? Am I reading this correctly?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to