My chances at Spirit?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: You’ll get hired at any regional tomorrow and they spoon feed the training for guys with lower time than you. Apply at Spirit now as well as any other career airline you’d like to be at, then get on a regional and leave as soon as you get the offer elsewhere, even if you are still in training at the regional
Put in an app and will continue to update. Thanks for the replies.
TT 8000+ hrs
SIC 2900 hrs. in Airbus - ICAO licence
SIC 1500 hrs. Boeing 737 400/800 - ATP
TPIC 450+ hrs. Captain in a Regional
6 internal LOR's
English and Spanish language
I live in Fort Lauderdale about 30 minutes away from the airport
Applied 4 times and nothing yet
Quote: TT 8000+ hrs
6 internal LOR's
*Flight Risk*

They think you’ll jump ship at the first better opportunity.
Quote: TT 8000+ hrs
6 internal LOR's
any job fairs or meet-the-chiefs?
Quote: *Flight Risk*

We have many who were hired from Avianca with the same type of background. I don’t think that’s the reason.
Quote: *Flight Risk*

Spirit has hired many with a four year degree and mil/121 1000+ TPIC. That makes one "qualified" everywhere. Don't think they're too concerned about flight risk. Makes an interesting interview question no doubt. Spirit actually has the term "juniorosity" in an annual report, or something to that effect. Interesting how a couple of anecdotes can take on a life of their own. Doesn't take long for Spirit to get their money back given first year comp. And a reduction of longevity keeps paying and paying.
Quote: Spirit has hired many with a four year degree and mil/121 1000+ TPIC. That makes one "qualified" everywhere. Don't think they're too concerned about flight risk. Makes an interesting interview question no doubt. Spirit actually has the term "juniorosity" in an annual report, or something to that effect. Interesting how a couple of anecdotes can take on a life of their own. Doesn't take long for Spirit to get their money back given first year comp. And a reduction of longevity keeps paying and paying.
I saw that “juniorosity” word on their report too. I had to chuckle a little bit when I saw that.
Quote: any job fairs or meet-the-chiefs?
Yes 1 of m-t-c and 2 jf
Quote: We have many who were hired from Avianca with the same type of background. I don’t think that’s the reason.
I am totally agree with you
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to