April 1st new hire class

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Also, C5 isn’t certified for CAT II? Or is this guy just full of jokes?
Quote: Also, C5 isn’t certified for CAT II? Or is this guy just full of jokes?
His limitations are pretty off, ones I can’t find anywhere in E145 OM or just plain ludicrous.
Just pull the limitations out of the aom... don't study the wrong stuff
Quote: Never heard of that speed on a 145
The Direct Vision Window. You fly the 145 and aren’t familiar with this? It has a limitation associated with it.
Quote: The Direct Vision Window. You fly the 145 and aren’t familiar with this? It has a limitation associated with it.
Sure do, 10 years on the 145, to include being a LCA. There is no limitation (Xjet) listed in our OM that you would need to memorize. The OP has made flash cards to study limitations. Never heard of a limitation for the windows.

I also stated that he was memorizing “limitations” I never heard of. Take for example the unusable fuel. Is it in my OM, yes but we don’t have to memorize it. Just surprised by what he is studying.
Quote: The Direct Vision Window. You fly the 145 and aren’t familiar with this? It has a limitation associated with it.
Commutair's limitation is 0 kts....we arent allowed to use it except to escape the aircraft :P
Maybe at your airline, but all airlines have their own set of limitations.
We don’t fly around with the window open. Opening the window would be driven by the qrh and there is a speed associated with the procedure in the qrh.
The point being, there’s a limitation associated with the DV window. This comes from the aircraft manufacturer, not the company. Everyone acting like they’ve never heard of such a thing. We weren’t allowed to remove or even open our windows, but we still had to know the limitation. We also had to know unusable fuel in each tank though too. To the OP, just learn what your company tells you to learn. They should give you a packet of limitations and memory items. Then just make your flash cards off of that material.
Quote: The point being, there’s a limitation associated with the DV window. This comes from the aircraft manufacturer, not the company. Everyone acting like they’ve never heard of such a thing. We weren’t allowed to remove or even open our windows, but we still had to know the limitation. We also had to know unusable fuel in each tank though too. To the OP, just learn what your company tells you to learn. They should give you a packet of limitations and memory items. Then just make your flash cards off of that material.
The op is studying the packet that was handed to him.

I have worked for two different 145 carriers and neither of them had your window limitation. They both have the same exact qrh item to remove the window and what speed is associated with it. It is not in the limitation section of either airline. With everyone acting like they have never heard it might give you a clue or maybe it doesn’t.
Quote: The op is studying the packet that was handed to him.

I have worked for two different 145 carriers and neither of them had your window limitation. They both have the same exact qrh item to remove the window and what speed is associated with it. It is not in the limitation section of either airline. With everyone acting like they have never heard it might give you a clue or maybe it doesn’t.
My window limitation? Lol, you did just clue me in that you’re a complete d!ldo. So, I’m glad we got that part cleared up. If it’s in his packet, then he should know it right? I could give 2 shats what you needed to know at your regional airline(s). We had to know it as a limitation (which was 140 knts if memory serves me). And apparently so does Commutair. You wanna keep going? Or you good?
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to