No Degree

Subscribe
10  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 20 of 20
Go to
Quote: Lol that’s not what your wife said......
Take her...it would solve many problems.
Quote: Take her...it would solve many problems.
You, sir, have earned a mic drop.
Quote: Mmmmm you love her too??? Hells ya,
your mom, she’s 😍😍😍😜😜
I appreciate the compliment. She would too if she were still alive.
Quote: Take her...it would solve many problems.
For the win.
Quote: You might need a degree to work here but you don't need to know the difference between your and you're. Or, lose, loose, loser and looser.

Like I wish the restrictions for a degree were “loser!”
Quote: As a prior enlisted guy who did a 4 year degree on sight.... The two experiences are very different. I met a lot of super hard-working, intelligent NCOs that just didn't have it in them to grind through a 4 year program. (and obviously I know as many, if not more 4-year GPA studs who wouldn't last a week as an E-1)

The personality/aptitude it takes to make it through 121 ground school and succeed on our first few months on the line is a lot more narrow than many of us realize. Whether because of a military background, or civilian (where aviation often becomes a big part of your life), most of us are surrounded by personality types like our own. Mission oriented, determined, work-hard play-hard, etc. The general populous has a lot more variation out there.
As much as I'd like to say (alluded to by a previous poster) that 4 years in the military (combat) should be taken in lieu of a degree, that's just not apples to apples. Duvie's post above i think is spot on. As a former enlisted guy myself, yes it was a lot of work and i learned a lot but it's not the same. After the military i went to get my mechanical engineering degree. It was a completely different challenge and maxed out my abilities to manage my time, learn how to learn and handle intellectual challenges up against deadlines. I see my time in the military as really a 4 year internship on leadership; i was really lucky to work for some great officers and Senior Enlisted that were willing to teach, challenge and give me "just enough rope." I had more responsibility as a 20 year old (from a capital equipment and safety standpoint) than i may ever have again.

As far as the original question; i do know of one UA guy that does not have a 4 year degree. He was a 10 year Army Apache guy with a 2 year technology degree and i think he had a Bronze Star for Valor. He also rolled right into a regional after the Army and got the TPIC. For what it's worth.
10  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 20 of 20
Go to