175 Weight Restriction Question

Subscribe
Does the 175 get weight restricted going into SFO often? Specifically looking at the MSN-SFO flight. Is it common to bump passengers? Is jumpseating feasible? I've never tried riding on such a long flight on the 175 and just trying to make a plan and see how many back options I need to avail myself. How about if the wx is crap in SFO and alternate fuel is required?
Quote: Does the 175 get weight restricted going into SFO often? Specifically looking at the MSN-SFO flight. Is it common to bump passengers? Is jumpseating feasible? I've never tried riding on such a long flight on the 175 and just trying to make a plan and see how many back options I need to avail myself. How about if the wx is crap in SFO and alternate fuel is required?
With strong headwinds and an alternate those long flights start to become a problem. It doesn't take much for sfo to require an alternate, albeit usually is fairly close by.
Making a choice between leaving a few pax behind vs a planned fuel stop in SLC or DEN is not uncommon. This can be problematic for non-revs. Make sure the captain knows you are there if you are listing for the jumpseat.
Sweet! Dope thread to ask one single question...
Quote: Sweet! Dope thread to ask one single question...
I count 4, albeit along the same line of questioning - still what is the problem?
Quote: I count 4, albeit along the same line of questioning - still what is the problem?
Pay no attention, he was in a bad mood yesterday.
And the day before
Quote: Pay no attention, he was in a bad mood yesterday.
Understandable - it happens
A lot of these “transcons” in the 175 tend to be restricted, especially with strong headwinds and an alternate. I would say more than half the time non revs are left behind this time of year. We always try to keep everyone on if we can.