Considering Air Wisconsin

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey all! I am considering AW. I wanted to ask for some brutal feedback regarding the company/pilot relationship, how much time new hires are sitting reserve (particularly at CAE), how are the reserve rules and work rules, and the general QOL? Would you recommend over PSA? Is there another regional you would specifically recommend?

Thanks!
Quote: Hey all! I am considering AW. I wanted to ask for some brutal feedback regarding the company/pilot relationship, how much time new hires are sitting reserve (particularly at CAE), how are the reserve rules and work rules, and the general QOL? Would you recommend over PSA? Is there another regional you would specifically recommend?

Thanks!
I’ve been here under a year, but the crews are great. 16 year old contract that the company seems happy to leave the status quo. You’ll fly a lot as a RSV FO. I had classmates hold a line in CAE within 3 months of IOE. Decent chances at making more money by picking up open time. There are worse option, there are also probably better options. Depends what your priorities are and all that.
If you want CAE and to fly a lot, airwis is a pretty good choice.
Speaking of contract/TA’s....how’s that going? Anyone have any idea what’s being planned for the near future, if anything, to attract more Pilots besides the bonus? Be gentle....ha.
It’s going on nearly a 20 year old contract at this point and for some reason everyone (alpa reps) has a human centipede thought process that it’s still the best there is.
Everything I've seen in the last 3 months of bidding, CAE FO's are either going straight to line holder out of training or maybe Reserve 1 month max.

MKE FO reserve 1 to 2 months max, then line holder.

ORD and IAD are senior, FO reserve status considerably longer.
Quote: Everything I've seen in the last 3 months of bidding, CAE FO's are either going straight to line holder out of training or maybe Reserve 1 month max.

MKE FO reserve 1 to 2 months max, then line holder.

ORD and IAD are senior, FO reserve status considerably longer.
I realize it’s a moving target, but what’s the ballpark on how long it takes a new hire FO to hold a line at ORD? Commuting to ORD and commuting to CAE/MKE are two significantly different things for me. I tried searching but couldn’t find any recent info.
Quote: I realize it’s a moving target, but what’s the ballpark on how long it takes a new hire FO to hold a line at ORD? Commuting to ORD and commuting to CAE/MKE are two significantly different things for me. I tried searching but couldn’t find any recent info.
I just got awarded an ORD FO line. I got online in December, and my line is effective June 1st. So right around 6 months right now.
Go to your second choice
Quote: Hey all! I am considering AW. I wanted to ask for some brutal feedback regarding the company's /pilot relationship, how much time new hires are sitting reserve (particularly at CAE), how are the reserve rules and work rules, and the general QOL? Would you recommend over PSA? Is there another regional you would specifically recommend?

Thanks!
Other than great healthcare, Air Wis has less to offer than most other regionals. The CRJ-200's are old and tired. They are losing flying, while other regionals are gaining flying.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to