Boston vs JFK for E190

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: Not rude. I've done that. Just thought maybe there something less obvious about it, like the flying is going to dwindle and a year from now it'll suck, or the schedules are completely inflexible.
I’ll also add that a lot of the 190-BOS pairings get broken up (secondary pairings), which is almost all I fly since I live in base. I’m sure that’s every base though, but I think it’s higher on the 190.
Quote: If you’d be around 45% in JFK I assume you’ve been here coming up on a year? If so I would assume by the time your training/transfer date comes up to move over to the 190 on this system bid you’d be either holding a line or close to it on the bus. Something to think about.
Yes. Just seems like that line would be full of red-eyes and a long time at the very bottom. I'm more interested in flexibility, days off and some weekends than maximum $$.
Best advice.

Focus on going to a real airline that has a hub where u live.

I’m too old or I would be.
Quote: Best advice.

Focus on going to a real airline that has a hub where u live.

I’m too old or I would be.
32???????????????????
Are there many CHS commuters?
Quote: Are there many CHS commuters?
Lots. Pretty easy from what I hear. Good gate agents and all the commuters know each other and communicate.
Yes there are a lot of us, and yes we communicate. Also a fair amount of Delta guys, and a fair amount of Delta flights. And soon to come one a day on American to LGA, but its not a great time slot. The commute is not perfect, but it's not bad.
Quote: I'm looking at bidding over to the E190. BOS has more flying but I'd be more senior in JFK. Is BOS the place to be for the 190? Or do the JFK 190s sort of filter through BOS for an equal diversity of flying? What's the reserve grid like?
You're gonna be a number or two above me at JFK. I can easily hold a decent line, or any reserve schedule I want. I suggest you bid BOS, or enjoy the fish at the restaurant...
Thought you were in PHL. Moving?
Quote: You're gonna be a number or two above me at JFK. I can easily hold a decent line, or any reserve schedule I want. I suggest you bid BOS, or enjoy the fish at the restaurant...
Are there many green days on the reserve grid in JFK?
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to