Instructor Gateway Program

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Just curious. Do they hire CFI’s out of a part 141 program for the sim instructor position or is previous airline and/or instructor experience required?

Thanks!
Quote: Just curious. Do they hire CFI’s out of a part 141 program for the sim instructor position or is previous airline and/or instructor experience required?

Thanks!
Edit: don’t want to hurt feelings.

Fresh CFIs probably won’t get hired to be airline instructors.
Quote: Edit: don’t want to hurt feelings.

Fresh CFIs probably won’t get hired to be airline instructors.
Trust me, I understand. No hurt feelings here, I was just asking because I was quite confused how they are recruiting for that position because I know Spirit is hiring CFI’s for theirs.

I appreciate the reply!

Edit: I meant experienced CFI’s who meet ATP mins by the way, not fresh graduate.
Quote: Trust me, I understand. No hurt feelings here, I was just asking because I was quite confused how they are recruiting for that position because I know Spirit is hiring CFI’s for theirs.

I appreciate the reply!

Edit: I meant experienced CFI’s who meet ATP mins by the way, not fresh graduate.
Now the cba requires a certain percentage to be seniority list pilots they will only hire for an instructor position if they will hire you for a pilot slot as well.
The most recent instructor hired is in class as of this week. Might see if he's on here, perhaps he will share his credentials with you? Or someone in this class can put you in touch with him.
Quote: Now the cba requires a certain percentage to be seniority list pilots they will only hire for an instructor position if they will hire you for a pilot slot as well.
This is true if the applicant has a medical and/or is under 65. They do hire non-seniority guys, but they tend to be retired types. And you're correct that it's not very many.
Quote: Trust me, I understand. No hurt feelings here, I was just asking because I was quite confused how they are recruiting for that position because I know Spirit is hiring CFI’s for theirs.

I appreciate the reply!

My understanding is that Spirit's freshies are only doing classroom and CPT instruction. And they first must complete the new hire course through obtaining the type.
Thanks all for the replies. Seeing it as an “Instructor Gateway” program, I thought they would hire those at ATP mins and eventually give them a seniority number after a year as stated on the website.

I understand lots of things going on at B6 with all the different gateway programs. I live in Orlando, so considering all options at this point.
Quote: Thanks all for the replies. Seeing it as an “Instructor Gateway” program, I thought they would hire those at ATP mins and eventually give them a seniority number after a year as stated on the website.

I understand lots of things going on at B6 with all the different gateway programs. I live in Orlando, so considering all options at this point.
It's a common confusion. "Gateway" only means "way to get hired at JetBlue." All pilots were hired through a gateway. Most pilots are hired through "Gateway 1" (when they used to be numbered). That word simply means that it's one of the paths to become a pilot here, not that the time requirements are necessarily reduced. Some ways are reduced (Gateway Select, University Gateway), and some aren't.

Good luck no matter which way you go.
Quote: Thanks all for the replies. Seeing it as an “Instructor Gateway” program, I thought they would hire those at ATP mins and eventually give them a seniority number after a year as stated on the website.

Just curious, with ATP mins, why not a regional?
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to