Term life insurance

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: That is certainly true. But nothing like the penalty for a "121 airline" that is carrying military cargo into the crapistans. Which is the underlying, but not clearly expressed, issue that is at hand.

*secret handshake

Besides being a commercial pilot, do you fly GA? Do you ride motorcycles?, skydive?, scuba dive? etc? all possible exclusions and increase premiums for riders.
Cheap insurance for any pilot is a flag and likely includes exclusions that wont work. Ask closely about exclusions, and every underwriter has a byzantine cost and approval structure. Read all fine print for their ability to deny your beneficiaries your policy pay off after your demise.
Good fortunes
Travers is starting to get the shakes as far as Sandikistan.
Ok so Travers is off the table based on my travel destinations.
I gave up on life insurance a long time ago. I have it through work, but with exclusions, most of which are aviation exclusions. AOPA offered it, but it didn't cover being killed in an aircraft.

I've been quoted something like 2,500/month for life insurance, which is absolutely ridiculous, given a long history of aerial firefighting, and other activities. I was told at one point that if I could show enough time away from aerial fire in particular, and would sign a legal statement that I would never do it again, I might be able to get a lower rate.

Nobody seemed concerned about flying in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.
Quote: I gave up on life insurance a long time ago. I have it through work, but with exclusions, most of which are aviation exclusions. AOPA offered it, but it didn't cover being killed in an aircraft.

I've been quoted something like 2,500/month for life insurance, which is absolutely ridiculous, given a long history of aerial firefighting, and other activities. I was told at one point that if I could show enough time away from aerial fire in particular, and would sign a legal statement that I would never do it again, I might be able to get a lower rate.

Nobody seemed concerned about flying in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.
Harvey Watt...aviation policy 850$ for 500k 20 yr.... only general aviation exclusion.
Buy a small policy and name somebody with constant bad luck as the beneficiary. Then you’re bulletproof.
Quote: Harvey Watt...aviation policy 850$ for 500k 20 yr.... only general aviation exclusion.
Have you tried it as an aerial firefighter, with a background in ag, a lot of years jumping out of airplanes, etc?
Quote: Have you tried it as an aerial firefighter, with a background in ag, a lot of years jumping out of airplanes, etc?
Well as I am not planning on jumping out of airplanes why would I? ...I was looking for a policy that covered what I currently do fly 767s for a major airline. I did not ask if it covered space shuttle pilots either as it did not apply. I am fairly certain the original OP was looking for something along those lines also. Just get what you need.
True and so far I’ve been turned down by one and still have two lines out there.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to