Time to SAN base?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
With Alaska taking back much of the flying, SAN is back on borrowed time. Everything back to 4 days and eventually base will close to accommodate the senior PNW bases. When the flying that compass does for DL gets absorbed by Skywest, SAN will be a goner.
Quote: With Alaska taking back much of the flying, SAN is back on borrowed time. Everything back to 4 days and eventually base will close to accommodate the senior PNW bases. When the flying that compass does for DL gets absorbed by Skywest, SAN will be a goner.
Huuuu??? Says who... nothing factual to see here boys/gals...
Not to mention, SAN has been more stable the past 4 years then SEA/PDX....
Quote: I'd strongly consider PSP on the CRJ. You can get it soon out of training and hold a captain seat years before you'll get a left seat slot in San.
If you want to progress your career and drive to work, this would be best.
Quote: That would be great if I could hold PSP out of the gate. PSP is not commutable from where I live, but it wouldn't be difficult.
If you live in San Diego county, it's very commutable (ie driveable) by airline standards. PSP has a lot of early shows and late finishes, so you miss traffic. Can't sit reserve at home during rush hour unless you're in Temecula. But I don't think there's a lot of reserve with all the movement these days.
Quote: Lol no, because the quickest way to get to SAN is as an ERJ FO. Then he can live at home and drive to work. While there he can decide if he wants to wait to get back to SAN as an ERJ CA or upgrade into the CRJ and commute out of PSP or somewhere else.
You can certainly upgrade from CRJ to ERJ, but if possible it's ALWAYS better to get some right seat time in any airliner before upgrade. Reduces (nearly eliminates) the risk of a career-defining training bust, and makes your life as a new CA much easier. Trust me, I've tried it both ways.
Quote: Not to mention, SAN has been more stable the past 4 years then SEA/PDX....
And not to mention the resident management stronghold must quell any potential bad news with happy, vibrant thoughts.

Disregard reality.
Quote: And not to mention the resident management stronghold must quell any potential bad news with happy, vibrant thoughts.

Disregard reality.
LOL, so true. Do they pay him to monitor this place?
I wish pay was involved. But what the poster said about my home town of SAN is just plane false, not even rumors. Just useless information.. SAN base is 100% alaska how they allegedly think Compass delta flying would cause a Alaska Airlines flying base to close is just crazy talk... (i think someone is mad because it’s mostly 3 and 4 day trips now)
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to