June/July Colas

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
June and July Colas announced.
Quote: June and July Colas announced.
As someone swimming in the pool... What is a “Cola”?
Quote: As someone swimming in the pool... What is a “Cola”?
Company offered leave of absence. It means they are overstaffed.
Quote: Company offered leave of absence. It means they are overstaffed.
Yikes. Is that normal?

Doesn’t exactly seem like it bodes well for getting a class date anytime soon.
Quote: Yikes. Is that normal?

Doesn’t exactly seem like it bodes well for getting a class date anytime soon.
Well it seems to be par for the course around here every year. Apparently this time is for unforeseen contract implementation reasons.
That’s awesome for those of us in a July/August pool waiting for a class date. Guess July is a pipe dream. August too most likely.
Is this the norm this time of year? Thoughts on if training will return to normal after summer?
Quote: Thoughts on if training will return to normal after summer?
Historically, yes. They go through this cycle every year. Summer hiring stops, then at the end of July it's a mad dash to fill classes again.

The only change this year is the efficiency of the average pilot. Everyone is sucking up all the open time because it pays significantly more now.

They are most likely planning on the next base, and the timing of hiring will coincide with that.
Quote: June and July Colas announced.
Where are you getting July? The memo is only for June. I have no memo for July.
For all those waiting for class they are offering COLAs for a grand total of 14 FOs and 12 Capts. So hopefully the wait isn’t to long.
Quote: Where are you getting July? The memo is only for June. I have no memo for July.
For all those waiting for class they are offering COLAs for a grand total of 14 FOs and 12 Capts. So hopefully the wait isn’t to long.
Hopefully not. Thanks for the news.
Quote: Where are you getting July? The memo is only for June. I have no memo for July.
Per the company pilot staffing through 2019 letter.
“Offering a few cola’s in June AND JULY.”
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to