Oh Snap!

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
This should be a mild annoyance, but every time I see the error message on pilot mobile, it just irritates me more and more.

Since the phrase has been institutionalized, I’m guessing it’s now appropriate in all interactions with flight ops management, other employees, IORs, FSAPs, etc.

"Hoist with his own petard" comes to mind and maybe after they hear it repeated back several thousand times they’ll realize it’s not as hip as they thought. Then again I could just be getting old.
Totally agree. Makes we want to hand my iPad over to the nearest teenager. Completely lame.
“I’m unable to extend my duty day....Oh Snap!”

“I added 2500#...Oh Snap!”

“I’m not relaxing scope...Oh Snap!”
Quote:
is there a feature on the Ipad that does this for you? I'd love to get some training on this app.

I feel like we need some sort of therapeutic/pacifying do-hickie. Remember that thing on shark tank...."the no phone." It was a hunk of plastic that looked like a phone. Meant for all those geeks out there with carpal tunnel syndrome from too much smart phone usage and ignoring their dates.

Feel like we need some sort of "No scope relaxation-no phone." it could be an app, or a device all by itself.
Quote: “I’m unable to extend my duty day....Oh Snap!”

“I added 2500#...Oh Snap!”

FOR THE WIN !!!

Priceless
It's low hanging fruit, but why not pile on?

Delta snap up... "Oh Snap!"
Remember back when there were actual things to complain about? Yeah... those were the good ole days.
You just need to sharpen your focus!
You’re right, how dare they try to lighten the mood and humanize technology...the nerve! If an error message offends you, your hat must be on too tight, or perhaps your just not connected to the internet, maybe both.
I don't believe that it's United that created the message specifically. I think it might have something to do with the software used to create these apps. I've seen similar messages on other websites.

Chrome has an 'aww, snap' message when something goes wrong. And I've seen similar failure messages on other websites. I'm no programmer, but I would guess that's the default failure message with whatever software they used.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to