Meat substitutes. Have you tried them?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: BYND is up $70 since its IPO. Someone likes their product.
BYND's stock popped when Tim Horton's announced the other day that they were going to try some of BYND's product in their breakfast line. It's also pretty heavily shorted so there's likely a bit of short squeeze going on.
I read a post on Bogleheads just before the IPO where one guy was talking about shorting it. If so, ouch!

I haven't tried meat substitutes in several years so I had no desire to play the stock in either direction. From my little readings on the subject, it sounds like BYND and Impossible are poised to be the Coke and Pepsi of this market niche.
Yes, if anyone has eaten a crew meal in the last 2 years, we have all been eating a meat substitute. The compressed chicken breast with phony grill marks on it.

Who knows what it actually is.....
Quote: Yes, if anyone has eaten a crew meal in the last 2 years, we have all been eating a meat substitute. The compressed chicken breast with phony grill marks on it.

Who knows what it actually is.....
A slow-moving road runner. Sometimes you can make out the logo of the car that hit it.
Nutritionally it doesn't have a benefit over red meat and the taste is 95% there. I understand the environmental impact of cows but I don't eat enough of it to care for a substitute. IMO no one is going to be shelling out cash for a lab grown steak at peter lugers. If real meat gets more scarce/costly wouldnt you just move to a cheaper protein instead of going lab grown?
A lot of the Gardein and Morningstar products are pretty good too. Fake chicken teriyaki, steak tips, shredded pork.
Had an impossible burger at LAX the other day, it was surprisingly good. I honestly probably wouldn't have been able to tell it wasn't the real thing (I'm a rare red meat eater though).
Nothing beats a ham sandwich!
967E7153-6927-4C6B-A84F-853C39001973.jpg

Forget the fake stuff.......Nothing beats a juicy ham sandwich!

Quote: Attachment 4449

Lol. I bet your favorite color is the same as Aerosmiths as well.
Quote: Attachment 4449

My eyes
Yeah....I’ll keep eating my bison, elk, deer and other natural meats. Much more organic and healthier for you than some weird bioprocessed substitute.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to