135 Career Progression

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Just go to a regional with a flow-through program to a major airline. 135 flying is like the Wild West in some cases. Do yourself a favor and pick a good regional with a flow-through program.
Quote: Just go to a regional with a flow-through program to a major airline. 135 flying is like the Wild West in some cases. Do yourself a favor and pick a good regional with a flow-through program.
Exactly. If the Legacy airlines are your goal don't waste your time and years at a 135.
I'd quit flying before going back to 135.
Just remember that you’re a number and a bus driver when you go to the airlines
Quote: Just remember that you’re a number and a bus driver when you go to the airlines
I'll take being a number and a bus driver any day over being a 135 slave. QOL, pay, retirement, etc doesn't even fall close to what a major 121 gig has to offer.
Quote: Just remember that you’re a number and a bus driver when you go to the airlines
Haha! I always love hearing this one.
Quote: You could probably get DEC into a 135 company
Not likely. Insurance companies usually require around 3,000 total time and 2,000 PIC before they will insure a pilot as captain on a 135 certificate. Combine that with the fact that 135/91 companies generally fly way less than the regionals, it will take about 5 years for a 1,500 hour pilot to get enough flight time to upgrade at a charter company.
Quote: Yes...waste of time. The quality of life and career progression is better at a regional.
Career progression... maybe. Quality of Life? now thats laughable.
Quote: Not likely. Insurance companies usually require around 3,000 total time and 2,000 PIC before they will insure a pilot as captain on a 135 certificate. Combine that with the fact that 135/91 companies generally fly way less than the regionals, it will take about 5 years for a 1,500 hour pilot to get enough flight time to upgrade at a charter company.
I was a 135 capt at 1200 hours for a small/mid sized operation 100% insured and then at 1800 hours went to another company and upgraded at 2000 hours flying 800~ hours a year. (with weekends and holidays off and zero overnights but that is besides the point)
Exactly!

Nobody bothers you, you just do your job, collect your pay and go home. I actually met my CP once... by accident.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to