Qantas JV

Subscribe
Of course this is good for passengers, so should (somehow) increase AAG's profits....

BUT is this good for us pilots? Or just more outsourcing heavy metal?

Also, where are the extra AAL frames coming from to fly the proposed new destinations?
Quote: Of course this is good for passengers, so should (somehow) increase AAG's profits....

Also, where are the extra AAL frames coming from to fly the proposed new destinations?
A decent amount of domestic being flown by the 787 right now.
Quote: Of course this is good for passengers, so should (somehow) increase AAG's profits....

Sadly there is no requirement in our contract for any of the new flying to be on AA metal. Hopefully we get one or two. Qantas has already announced potential new routes to the US (ORD, SFO, can’t remember if there were more). No word from AA on planned new routes.
Would think we would do a DFW flight to somewhere down there, add another La too. I doubt Phoenix would be able to support one, but would like to see them try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Would think we would do a DFW flight to somewhere down there, add another La too. I doubt Phoenix would be able to support one, but would like to see them try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do we have anything that has the range to do that? At one point the DFW-SYD route was the longest commercial flight. I haven't looked I just assumed it was the domain of the A380.
Quote: Do we have anything that has the range to do that? At one point the DFW-SYD route was the longest commercial flight. I haven't looked I just assumed it was the domain of the A380.
it's only 45 mintues further than Hong Kong, so i thought the triple could do it, not certain though
Info on jetnet says that new routes will be announced in the future, however we have already committed all widebodies to routes for 2019/2020 but once new 787s start arriving we can expect a few new route announcements to Australia.
Quote: Info on jetnet says that new routes will be announced in the future, however we have already committed all widebodies to routes for 2019/2020 but once new 787s start arriving we can expect a few new route announcements to Australia.
Yet they operate 787's from DFW to LAS?

This is why no one believes anything management says, I mean really for the love of Pete.

this is the kind of ammo they will use to get scope relief. "Do you want more wide body international. or do you want ORD-PIA on a 170E2, your choice"

Chess vs checkers
Quote: Yet they operate 787's from DFW to LAS?

This is why no one believes anything management says, I mean really for the love of Pete.
Give the fact the Max is collecting dust... great way to get line training out of the way.