Envoy EOW 175

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to
Quote: Mia-stt
mia-sxm
Do either of these have a LaQuinta?
Quote: Do either of these have a LaQuinta?
Nope, but both have a Wyndham
Quote: Nope, but both have a Wyndham
Which is also la Quinta now.
Is the MQ certificate allowed to do EOW? Unless my memory fails me all the ATR's were on the EX cert.
Yes........
Quote: Is the MQ certificate allowed to do EOW? Unless my memory fails me all the ATR's were on the EX cert.

MQ certificate never had any EOW water capable aircraft and no crew members were ever trained for it. NA (executive) was. All crew members were initially qualified by jumping into the pool and climbing in a raft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Extended over water allows an aircraft to fly beyond 50NM from the coast line.

ETOPS = Extended Twin engine operations.

This allows an operator to fly a twin engine aircraft greater than one hour at single engine cruise speed from an alternate airport. There are different tiers of ETOPS, 120 minute and 180 minute. This does not apply to three and four engine aircraft.

A MEL for an ETOPS aircraft is a lot more stringent than for a non ETOPS. It is possible for an aircraft to be still airworthy but downgraded to non ETOPS compliant. Also maintenance intervals for ETOPS aircraft are more frequent.

-Keep the dirty side down
ETOPS is no longer Extended Twin Operation’s. Now it’s ExTended OPerationS and includes all aircraft. It has been this way since 2007. The 747-8 was the first airliner with more than two engines certified under ETOPS.

There are also numerous ETOPS levels, predominantly 60, 90, 120/138, 180/207, 270, 330.
Quote: ETOPS is no longer Extended Twin Operation’s. Now it’s ExTended OPerationS and includes all aircraft. It has been this way since 2007. The 747-8 was the first airliner with more than two engines certified under ETOPS.

There are also numerous ETOPS levels, predominantly 60, 90, 120/138, 180/207, 270, 330.
Most regionals do the 120...
I flew on the newest 175 two days ago and it doesn’t have any over water equipment. Money says that this story of rafts and life jackets is a tall tale.
Quote: I flew on the newest 175 two days ago and it doesn’t have any over water equipment. Money says that this story of rafts and life jackets is a tall tale.
I would agree. It makes no sense for Envoy to have that option.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to