JetBlue vs UPS

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to
Quote: But cargo IS immune from this hit. In fact, loads are up because none of the belly freight on pax carriers is going, at least across any ocean now.

Not gloating. Just saying that the years of going to the dirty side of the airport and the flying on the back side of the clock might have finally paid off for some people.

I've done my time and got my furlough badge from a major. I would not wish that on anyone, and I hope this thing turns around and we are all back to making money and talking about upgrades.
I would argue that we in cargo will be a lagging indicator. The economy is definitely going to take a gigantic hit, and we will be affected in a major way. Funny thing that happens when people lose a month or more of income.

So maybe.... just maybe.... we should silence ourselves and prepare for what is to come. Hope you like the seat you are sitting in when this game of musical chairs stops.
Make hay while the sun shines...but put plenty in the barn...
Quote: I would argue that we in cargo will be a lagging indicator. The economy is definitely going to take a gigantic hit, and we will be affected in a major way. Funny thing that happens when people lose a month or more of income.

So maybe.... just maybe.... we should silence ourselves and prepare for what is to come. Hope you like the seat you are sitting in when this game of musical chairs stops.
Those are my same thoughts. We will lag behind as the realization and unemployment numbers begin to add up. I hope the company can get the staffing right before the music stops, and let the attrition happen from retirements in the year(s) ahead.
Quote: But cargo IS immune from this hit. In fact, loads are up because none of the belly freight on pax carriers is going, at least across any ocean now.

Not gloating. Just saying that the years of going to the dirty side of the airport and the flying on the back side of the clock might have finally paid off for some people.

Wow, feels like déjà vu all over again.. Were you the senior captain who told me in ‘08 “ups has NEVER furloughed and they NEVER will!”?
“Your job is safe, the company is bluffing!”
Was that you?

I’m not saying we are about to furlough, NOT at all.
I hope and I think we’ll be ok because the economy might recover from this quicker than we think. ..but that’s just what we’re all hoping for.

One thing is for sure - NO ONE is immune from this virus. Pun intended.
Agreed 100%! Do your job, be professional and be humble about our situation. It can turn on a dime.
We are in unchartered territory. Anyone who tells you what the future is for our economy is grasping at straws at this point.
Quote: I wonder if it’s still a difficult decision between JetBlue and UPS...
Really it never was.
​Hella.
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to