How much flight time can a new 175 F/O expect

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Hello everyone!
I was interested to see how much flight time a new 175 F/O can expect to accrue in their first year. I know this depends on base and whether you hold a line or not. I would most likely start out in LGA or ORD and I would like to get to Denver ASAP whether it’s holding a line or just being on reserve. Just looking for an approximation is all. I know it’s a moving target.
Thanks,
Duckman
Varies my brother from another motha
You can pull off almost 1,000 hours if you work yourself hard.
Quote: You can pull off almost 1,000 hours if you work yourself hard.
Not on the ERJ as a NH.
Quote: Not on the ERJ as a NH.
True.

West Coast reserves (LAX, SFO, SAN) aren't getting much, and SEA probably extremely low amounts...the occasional 4 day trips are being assigned but typically locals and low credit 2 days from what an FO recently told me. Out East (ORD, LGA, DEN)...not sure but I'd imagine it is probably a little better for those guys.

You could obviously increase your hours if you pick up trips on your off days.
Quote: Hello everyone!
I was interested to see how much flight time a new 175 F/O can expect to accrue in their first year. I know this depends on base and whether you hold a line or not. I would most likely start out in LGA or ORD and I would like to get to Denver ASAP whether it’s holding a line or just being on reserve. Just looking for an approximation is all. I know it’s a moving target.
Thanks,
Duckman
Why are you stuck on the 175? If you take the CRJ you will get Denver exponentially sooner and hold a line way sooner as well. Nevermind that you can hold the left seat in the CRJ years before the ERJ.
Vacancy report isn’t officially out. But it has been updated and shows openings for Denver on both CRJ and ERJ...
I barely flew the first 4 months on reserve. One month I had 10 hours. Then, still on reserve, the flood gates opened up and I got called 75% of the time. It varies based on staffing and season, but if you want to fly a lot pick a base where you can hold a line quicker.

Or go CRJ.
Thank you everyone for all the replys. I appreciate it!
-Duckman
I'm a month off IOE and already folks in my class are able to hold a line. Rest of us out west got a composite on the CRJ.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to