MilKEEP conversion

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Fr8captain,
It’s a sad state of affairs when 2000 hours of fighter time doesn’t put a pilot on the top of the hiring stack nowadays!
A byproduct of too many Comm majors who end up in HR departments.
I hope that was sarcasm. I’d rather have the Atlas types we’ve been hiring or the guys who have experience operating as a crew.
Quote: Hope this isn't a stupid question, but what would be wrong with a military guy keeping his own logbook right from the start with actual times like the rest of us did?
Also, military doesn’t count preflight taxi time, and only 5 minutes postflight.
Quote: As a 28 yr AF guy and 15 yr Ups guy, I would rather have a 80000 Atlas or K9 guy.
We void each other out LOL

You must operate as a crew hitting the tanker, flying with the 2 or 3 others on your wing. Section approach to IMC minimums in 2 aircraft. It is a crew concept, very coordinated. Have done both for over 25 years. I see the strengths of a professional aviator regardless of background, crew is crew, both are good. Both quick learners at this stage of career (quality of hours over just hours)
Have flown with less than professional from both backgrounds too including many former heavy cargo.etc.
If I recall, the application specifically says not to add the conversion. You can put it in your resume or logbook spelled out (conversion applied), but you don’t even need a logbook at the interview - I just brought my Air Force records. Bottom line, The point of the conversion is to make up for the taxi time you don’t typically log in the Air Force so I don’t see why you wouldn’t apply it to PIC.
Quote: If I recall, the application specifically says not to add the conversion. You can put it in your resume or logbook spelled out (conversion applied), but you don’t even need a logbook at the interview - I just brought my Air Force records. Bottom line, The point of the conversion is to make up for the taxi time you don’t typically log in the Air Force so I don’t see why you wouldn’t apply it to PIC.
Makes sense. I just had my app review and checked and set told me not to include the mil conversion. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to