New Flows

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
While they don’t seem drastically different how do you all feel about splitting the cockpit set up flows into PM and PF?
Whats a flow?
Quote: While they don’t seem drastically different how do you all feel about splitting the cockpit set up flows into PM and PF?
Well to me they seem completely different and I personally think it’s a stupid idea. Why change something that not only works just fine but also over 2,000 pilots already have ingrained in their brain?
New flows? Eh?
Quote: Whats a flow?
Flows are the procedures you use once a year when you show up for a PC.
New Flows
FNNNG here with a report date coming up in a bit.

We got them emailed out to us over the last few days (after committing the others to memory [emoji1360]). OB says they don’t go live until 8/15 but all July and August classes will use them. The draft revisions of AOM 2 go on to state, “All Normal Procedures are usually performed by memory.....The Preliminary Cockpit Preparation procedure can be either performed from memory or with the use of the QRM Normal Procedures section” so I’m sure a revised QRM is coming down the pipe as well.

After running them a couple of times it seems they’re not terrible other than CA/FO switching to PF/PM and a couple sequence changes but we (new hires) haven’t been doing them for years either. I’m lucky I can even tie my shoes most days so take what I say with a grain of salt. Waiting on new flow guides to come out.
We still have guys refusing to do things SOP because “that’s not how we did it on the -9/80” so I’m not too concerned.
Did I miss an email
Quote: We still have guys refusing to do things SOP because “that’s not how we did it on the -9/80” so I’m not too concerned.
“What do you mean? Hold up, let me turn the screens down, WX gain to +4, and a smoke the brakes...ok, what was that about...”
Quote: Did I miss an email
Apparently I did too....
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to