Global Entry

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Most TSA agents know very little about the APEC program. The Memphis office has very limited office hours and completely ignorant about the requirements. I was going through Las Vegas (walk in) and the agent (actually wearing an oak leaf... never seen a TSA agent with anything but stripes or at most a silver bar) didn’t even hesitate collecting my signature and giving final approval of the application. I already had a Global Entry card. The preliminary approval online happened almost immediately. But then again, I am HKG based so maybe that makes a difference.
Quote: I applied last night online. Went through immigration today in HNL at the end of a trip. Did an on-the-spot interview with the immigration officer at the counter. He said he didn't believe pilots qualified, but would ask his supervisor when they get back to the office. Furthermore, he said he thought any other pilot who held an ABTC (APEC Business Traveler Card) risks getting it pulled at any time and he would probably do so himself if he saw one.
I applied for Global Entry a month or so ago. I have heard nothing since. Do you have to keep checking the website?

Also, why would they take away an APEC business traveler card?

Just checked on line, my app is "pending review".
I applied for global entry in April. Finally received email for interview in October. I live in San Diego so interview was at the border. They called me back at my scheduled time. Interview took less than five minutes. I also used my Amex platinum to pay for it.
Quote: I applied for Global Entry a month or so ago. I have heard nothing since. Do you have to keep checking the website?

Also, why would they take away an APEC business traveler card?

Just checked on line, my app is "pending review".
Expect a six month delay. I hope. I applied in August with crickets since. Website says to keep checking back.
Quote: Expect a six month delay. I hope. I applied in August with crickets since. Website says to keep checking back.
Applied in July, approved in November, interview next week.
I had an interview scheduled last year at my home airport. I decided to call the MEM guys during a day turn and they just said come on over. Their office is next to the Democrat lot and they said they'll just do it on the spot for FDX guys without having to make an appointment. It took 10 mins. Also, if you can get a NFCU Signature Visa, they will reimburse your Global Entry fees for every cardholder on your account.
Captpurple

That is valuable info. Thank you.

I looked on the website listed in the email they sent me and can't find any info for Tennessee listed. They seem to think there are no international flights emanating from Tennessee.

Would you have a phone number or address perchance?
Finally heard back after almost one week and was approved for the ABTC through the HNL office. In hindsight, I should have waited to transit ANC or MEM where they were more familiar with our operations.
(901) 480-4000. I just Googled CBP Memphis. Just call and ask if they can do an interview for a FDX pilot.
Thank you Captain Purple.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to