Green slip haters

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 8
Go to
Rerouted yesterday on day 2/3 of yellow slip. Ended the day at 0300 with the company dropping my 3rd day and leaving me on LC without a ATL hotel...no hotels available, no answer at crew accommodations.

Dozens in the lounge in same situation.
Quote: I think across all categories.

GP
Gotcha makes sense. The Greenslip strategy to cover flying in the summer was working pretty good until massive storms causing diverts at multiple hubs became a daily occurrence. Another massive Thunderstorm headed towards MSP as we speak. JFK runway construction also is playing a role.

I believe the choice is power thru the summer with Greenslips or hire to be appropriately staffed for summer and massively overstaffed the rest of the year.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Quote: This is first time I've seen crew cancellations in probably 5-6 years.
Tons of crew cancellations on 717 and 88 in 2016-17.
Quote: Rerouted yesterday on day 2/3 of yellow slip. Ended the day at 0300 with the company dropping my 3rd day and leaving me on LC without a ATL hotel...no hotels available, no answer at crew accommodations.

Dozens in the lounge in same situation.
Find a hotel on your own, take a cab(or uber), and submit expenses. Company would pay that no problem.
Quote: Find a hotel on your own, take a cab(or uber), and submit expenses. Company would pay that no problem.
Sometimes no rooms means no rooms. You might end up more than an hour away.
Quote: Find a hotel on your own, take a cab(or uber), and submit expenses. Company would pay that no problem.
Since he was on long call I believe he was on the hook for a hotel or Crashpad on his own with no hotels avail. In cases like this it might be a good idea for the Union to have a list of local pilots that can be called to host pilots that have no options other than sleeping in the lounge

Quote: Since he was on long call I believe he was on the hook for a hotel or Crashpad on his own with no hotels avail. In cases like this it might be a good idea for the Union to have a list of local pilots that can be called to host pilots that have no options other than sleeping in the lounge

Commuting is a choice!

Somebody had to say it.
Quote: Since he was on long call I believe he was on the hook for a hotel or Crashpad on his own with no hotels avail. In cases like this it might be a good idea for the Union to have a list of local pilots that can be called to host pilots that have no options other than sleeping in the lounge

Would you want to show up blind at a fellow crew members house at 2-3 am if you’re stuck in a hub overnight? I wouldn’t. While it’d be a nice gesture, I’d rather grab a few hours of sleep in a black chair and catch the 6-7 am flight home. If he was released at 3am...sign out at 330am, he’s on rest until 1pm. I think he’s done for the day.
Good points

Quote: Tons of crew cancellations on 717 and 88 in 2016-17.
Yet they haven’t gotten to GSWC so it hasn’t gotten too important for them
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 8
Go to