Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 48
Go to
What base and equipment?
Quote: What base and equipment?
88B

Filler
Quote: If your point is we do a gazillion flights and only cancelled a small number, I think deltas ingenious delay/cancel policy might skew that metric a smidge.
Not my point. I believe I just asked a question. I agree with the last part of your post. However, I still think we are far and away the most reliable airline out there.
Quote: Not my point. I believe I just asked a question. I agree with the last part of your post. However, I still think we are far and away the most reliable airline out there.
Agreed. I hope they keep it that way.
Crew Planning spoke a little while ago about constructing rotations with "firewalls" to absorb shocks for delays and IROPs. They did this by creating longer sits and increasing layover times.

However, they simultaneously reduced their staffing "firewall". Silly goofs.
Quote: House of cards. Always has been always will be. Love those 12 hour delays so they can brag 0% cancelations in summer IROP. Have some more of that purple kool aid boys. It will hold you over til profit sharing day again.
Oh look, Ecam is mad at delta again
Quote: Not my point. I believe I just asked a question. I agree with the last part of your post. However, I still think we are far and away the most reliable airline out there.
Completely agree, Just a thought I had after I reread your post.
For now...once the NPS starts to decline, they either increase hiring o decrease flying. This is not sustainable, someone will get in trouble while flying fatigue in a GS.

I called scheduling today to ask a question and the guy seemed overwhelmed and irritated, at 10am. I felt sorry for him, it’s a hard job try to cover all this flying without pilots.
Quote: Oh look, Ecam is mad at delta again

He’s nothing if not consistent.

GP
It's a fine balance. Would it be better to carry a 10% pilot surplus 360 days a year, so that we can be staffed appropriately for the 5 days if IROP a year? Obviously Delta doesn't think so. Probably a wiser business decision to just eat the loss on the IROP days than to waste money overstaffing the airline, but we obviously can't see all the data.

I'll just put my GSWC in and hangout at home
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 48
Go to