Jump Ship?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: I think you discount the power of being back in the left seat & living in base. Many of us are in that situation with 20-30+ years to go and don’t want to give that up for flying a widget airplane for profit sharing, or (insert other airline here)...

I don’t see any movement from the top half of this seniority list.
Think I might have been unclear? I'm a commuter at NK, would go to UA/DL/AA if they had a base where I live.
Quote: I may have had a few scotches and am now drinking a nice red blend, but, WHAT?!

Did you mean ‘ought’?
I did. My iPad apparently had different ideas...
I jumped ship 3 years ago. No regrets whatsoever. Spirit is a good airline to work for. But I'm much happier where I am now. Everybody is different though. How many years do you have left? Do you like international flying?
No more 4-6 month upgrade but upgrade still at about 3 years on the small jet or fly right seat on a big jet.
I left NK before the new contract had been negotiated and it was very refreshing to work for a company where the atmosphere in the cockpit was always positive. Hopefully that has changed for the better at Spirit.
Quote: I jumped ship 3 years ago. No regrets whatsoever. Spirit is a good airline to work for. But I'm much happier where I am now. Everybody is different though. How many years do you have left? Do you like international flying?
No more 4-6 month upgrade but upgrade still at about 3 years on the small jet or fly right seat on a big jet.
I left NK before the new contract had been negotiated and it was very refreshing to work for a company where the atmosphere in the cockpit was always positive. Hopefully that has changed for the better at Spirit.
The atmosphere in the cockpit was always positive? I’d love to hear what carrier that is???
Quote: Anybody else sick of the lack of growth and dwindling reserve numbers? If you're 2 years in or less, do you think it's time to start sending out resumes again?

#NoGrowTimeToGo
Yes, our growth currently does not look very traditional but we are growing. Reserves and operations were discussed during the call and this article references it ( https://skift.com/2019/07/24/spirit-airlines-on-time-arrivals-plan-backfired-when-it-cut-corners/ ).

Good luck in your decision.
26 upgrades in September. Looks like things are finally picking back up
Quote: 26 upgrades in September. Looks like things are finally picking back up
And they're going to every base instead of just MCO.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to