New Forum Design

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
If it ain't broke ...
Hi all,

Just a quick update:

*We will definitely be restoring the bolding of threads with new posts.

We are working on tweaks to font size and spacing to allow more content to be visible on the screen at once. We understand your concerns about readability.

*No changes have been made on the mobile version. This might be considered in the future.

Please continue to give your feedback, and I will share it with our team.
Quote: Thanks for the keeping the classic version option as I prefer it over the new layout.
Ditto, classic is better
How about getting the airline profiles portion working again
Thanks for the work updating the forums. It's a tough call changing the look of a community space.

My personal opinion is that I like a "clean" look more than poofy icons, but apparently it's all about colorful icons with the damn kids on my lawn these days.

Keeping vertical spacing small to permit more content on the screen is worth the effort, and that's one gripe I have with big poofy icons in the "modern" interface.

Functionality is good. For example, in the classic view the "quick reply" textbox is not active so you have to actually use the reply to thread or reply to comment buttons instead of just starting to type in the text box at the bottom of the thread. In a world where whoever dies with the fewest button pushes wins, maybe activate the quick reply box? It's already there in the classic version, it just doesn't work.
I actually like the changes. Yes, it will take a little time to adjust to the new look, but change is good!
Quote: Hi all,

Just a quick update:

*We will definitely be restoring the bolding of threads with new posts.

We are working on tweaks to font size and spacing to allow more content to be visible on the screen at once. We understand your concerns about readability.

*No changes have been made on the mobile version. This might be considered in the future.

Please continue to give your feedback, and I will share it with our team.
Nobody likes the new look, so why bother?

See every single above post, except for two.
Make it three...

New version looks nice. Fix a few of the previously listed minor gripes and it’ll be solid. Old fuddy duddy pilots hate change. In 2 months their Alzheimer’s will kick in and they’ll forget there was ever an “old” version.
Make it four...

Bolding and more per page. Few other cleanups. Then the new will be better than the old.

Having long threads load more quickly is appreciated. As are other improvements.

After that, doing updates to the airline pages will be much appreciated. Clean up Quicktakes redundancy and obsolete items. Updated number of pilots. Updated aircraft quantities. Updated retirement numbers. Fixing the link to send updates.

Thanks for your work.

I concur pilots (actually most people) don’t like change. Just look at the 737s flying with 1960s cockpits, with a few screens replacing steam gauges. Put them (even new hires from the regionals) in an A220 (the newest blank sheet of paper design), they will complain. After awhile they will quit complaining. Ask them in 6 months, they will say they love them. They deny they ever complained. As a matter of fact, it was all their idea. This is human nature.
Quote: New format to busy.
New forum still doesn’t autocorrect to/too/two
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to